Nod32 vs Outpost 2.5 370

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Emniman, Nov 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emniman

Emniman Registered Member

To do a long story short - i upgraded my outpost 2 the latest version (370) and rebooted and when my comp. started Nod32 didnt load - it got stuck in splash screen - so i totally removed Nod32 (files - prossec. - register) and reinstalled it again - no luck - :( - then i removed outpost (370) and tried again - nope didnt work it will not start. Then i reinstalled my comp. from scratch and installed Nod32 - and jiihaa it worked until i installed Outpost (370) again - :( and now it will not load again - just getting stuck at splash screen.
    So what makes this happend - how come outpost breaks Nod32?
    Anyone else it happend 2 also?

Emniman

2. the mul

the mul Registered Member

I am sorry to hear about your troubles with outpost 2.5 [370] and nod32, all I can say is that I have both installed as well and they both run very well together on my xp pro system without any problems at all, I also have kav 4.5 as well installed and no problems there either.
    Why dont u install nod 32 again and only install outpost 2.5 [369] and see if u can at least get the two programmes up and running together and then see how things go.

THE MUL

3. donsan

donsan Registered Member

I run nod32 and out post pro 2.5 370 and have had no problem like that at all they seem to work well together sorry to hear you are having problems someone will be along to advise you soon i'm sure.

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

5. Emniman

Thnx gonna try that.

When i installed from scratch i was disconnected from my isp - cable unplugged and installed win xp with sp1 and then xpsp2 - after that i installed Nod32 and it worked and after that i installed Outpost (370) and then it got broken - so the system was clean but im gonna try that thing u pointed 2 - :)

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

In the mean time why not try Zone Alarm (free), just so you have a firewall with visual outgoing alerts, and run through each of those steps. It is a bit of a monstrosity, however it does clean up a system, together with pointing people to links discussing security software that should be used on a PC.

Cheers :D

7. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

Emniman,

Is NOD32 or Outpost using all available CPU on your system when the splash screen appears? If so, then it may be an issue with AMON scanning Outpost's log file (which gets written to a lot, especially if you have a busy network connection). In this case, check the steps covered in the Resolving High CPU Utilisation Issues with Outpost FAQ.

Another possibility may be other software causing an interaction between Outpost and NOD32 on your system. In this case, please list any other security software (anti-virus/trojan scanners, process monitors like Process Guard/System Safety Monitor/PrevX or other firewalls) you have installed.

8. Emniman

Nope it didnt use any cpu power at all - just sits there and showing splash screen.Havent had time 2 test things yet but will do whe ni get time :)

9. Emniman

Well i got it working again - reinstalled everything from scratch - then installed outpost before Nod32 and it worked - :)
    Woot im back in buisness again.

Thnx for the help peeps

10. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

I'm also using the NOD32 and Outpost and everything works fine...

11. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

me too working ok beside each other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.