nod32 VS kaspersky

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by the confused, Jul 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patrician

Patrician Registered Member

It would be great of NOD actually detected something with it's Heuristics. Every one running NOD32 go to <removed> and open a serial or crack dialog. Then scan your PC with KAV. See what NOD32 let on your system.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2005
  2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Patrician

No links to malware sites of any kind on this forum. Please read the TOS.

3. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

It does detect stuff with it's heuristics - A few weeks back it was the only AV which detected a new trojan or worm on jotti.org :)

4. kalpik

kalpik Registered Member

Is KAV really improving with heuristics with the 2006 version. (Not that it does not have very good heuristics even now). Just wanted more info on it.

5. .....

..... Registered Member

Kaspersky have added a type of behaviour analyser in the 2006 range, aswell as a registry guard and some process protection.

This helps stop unknown threats in realtime. However no "true heuristics" (ie code comparison) changes AFAIK.

6. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

But I think they do have plans to improve the real heuristics too....I kinda dont remember, but I read it somewhere. :doubt:

7. muf

muf Registered Member

Not being funny but the people who go to those sort of sites and exploit the software they have so they "get it for free" deserve what they get. Better protection is to not go to those sites in the first place. Those sort of sites are also likely to carry rootkits. And KAV aint gonna protect you from those matey!!!

muf

8. Cannybody%*

Cannybody%* Registered Member

As a relative beginner who wants to use the computer for banking and allsorts of other transactions I have been obsessed by security.I had almost settled on AVG pro.It was easy to understand and worked fine. it updated every day and sometimes more.It used heuristic checking and was miles better than Mcafee which I had used for a year and seemed more concerned with selling me allsorts of other software.I have tried trust and many others but AVG pro seemed good.As a result of reading these posts I removed AVG and downloaded nod32 trial version but first impressions are that it is not as consummer friendly as AVG pro.However it reduces the boot up time of my computer by 25 seconds.I will give it the full trial time and study the instructions before making my mind up.
    The greatest problem I find in decission making is that you are always going on history rather than the immediate present and yesterday's star isn't always the best today.Hope these comments add a bit to the debate which I will continue to follow with interest.
    cannybody%* o_O

9. Firecat

My problem is that I am always looking to the future, and today's star(s) may not be so in the future.....:eek::eek:

BTW, McAfee has better malware detection than AVG, and so does NOD32 :)

10. mikel108

mikel108 Registered Member

Firstly I do not currently use NOD although I have used a trial as well as beta tested the most recent product. I can tell you that McAfee has much better detection than AVG Pro (which I have a current license for). I too complained about NOD's interface, and after some encouraging as well as nasty remarks I stuck out the 30 days. After getting use to the interface for a few days, it will make sense to how it is layed out. I like that NOD has included finding spyware. I was set to purchase this, untill a vendor who also had a product that I tried and found comparable for detection offered me a 1 year subscription at $30 Canadian less the ESET.

11. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Try using Blackspears settings posted in NOD forum. The way he has laid it out is very easy to follow.

12. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Can you say what the product was?

13. mikel108

mikel108 Registered Member

I really am sorry, but I cannot. I felt that the product I purchased was enough for me, detection wise. However if I had to pay full price I would not have choosen IT as I would go for a more feature packed product.

14. Firecat

CA eTrust? o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.