NOD32 Version Update Goes Wrong!

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by subyroo, Apr 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. subyroo

subyroo Registered Member

I have received a message on numerous occasions about a Version update being available for download and install. I have ignored this message as I tried earlier to update from v5.2.9.1_nt64 to v6.0.314.0 and experienced problems so I stayed with v5.2.9.1.

Tonight I had a look and the update was for v6.0.316.0, so I thought Ok! they may have solved a few problems between versions so I opted for the update.
    What a mistake that was, in doing so it totally removed NOD32 from my PC altogether, I did a system restore prior to the update and my NOD32 was a wreck, I had to remove it totally and then I was able to install v6.0.316.0 successfully.

Marcos, if you read this post, do you have knowledge as to why the update screwed my installed version by uninstalling it?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

When you perform an upgrade, the current version is uninstalled first. It sounds like the subsequent installation of the new version failed for some reason. Without getting an install log from a failed installation, it's impossible to tell at what point the installation failed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.