Nod32 Version 4.0.467.0

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Escalader, Oct 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

Hello:

My first post here in the Eset V4 forum.

I just upgraded from 2.7 to V4 with a 2 year licence.
    My set up is Windows XP sp3 updated to October 2009
    Outpost Firewall Pro 2009 latest version is 6.7.1 (2983.450.0714)

What I need to get is the detailed instructions on how to get OP FW to have it's rules for filtering traffic to work. The traffic is routed through Eset 's EKRN.exe but that means the traffic is NOT being impacted by the FW.

I know this matter came up after 2.7 was upgraded and that there was a "fix" or a workaround for it. I just don't have the workaround detail. I'm requesting that now or the links to the detail.

Please be assured I'm not interested in restarting an old debate, I just want to make these 2 fine products work together. :thumb:

Thanks.

2. Escalader

Re: Nod32 Version 4.0.467.0 in Collaberation with Outpost Firewall Pro 2009

How can a user of both products have both the FW rules filtering traffic and Nod32 V4 on Windows XP sp 3? Neither product is detecting a proxy server.

Or is it even possible with XP? Do I need to move to Windows 7 to get this done? Or revert to Nod32 2.7?

I've no interest in an old debate, I just want maximum functionality to work:cool:

3. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

4. Escalader

Thanks for the response!

It may or may not help . I'm on V4 and when the poster says disable content filtering for Nod32 ekrnexe I worry if that removes the filtering for all virui. Anyway I have put the same question to Eset, and to OP support and we will see what they say.

I already have OP's RT scanner turned off . He refers to a download problem and I don't have a download issue ( I hope) Work in progress...

5. pondlife152

pondlife152 Registered Member

I installed Outpost after NOD32. In this case, Outpost detects the presence of NOD32 and completely disables parts which conflict with NOD32.

So I guess the easiest option would be to uninstall Outpost then reboot and re-install it. Not sure if you could back up the settings and re-instate them, but I guess it is worth a try.

More info may be available from the Outpost forum,
    http://www.outpostfirewall.com/forum/index.php?

6. Escalader

Yes, I know that but I sort of cheated and lied to OP during the install process.
    I wanted to keep the web features of OP where I got the id block functions. But that said I think I'll give your point a try anyway!

Thanks

7. Escalader

Well, after a valiant try I couldn't get Nod32 V4 to let my OP FW Pro 2009 rules filter. I had lots of advice try this try that. Nothing worked. I felt that for me I'd rather have my FW rules for email clients, syshost explorer etc etc work at prevention rather than lose those in favour of better rootkit scans.

So rather than waste my new 2 year Nod32 licence I used it to revert to Nod32 2.7. I still get new signatures and the real time prevention is active as well.

On my next PC which will no doubt come with Windows 7 this matter should disappear as an issue. Then I can use Vx of Nod64 with OP FW Pro 20xx.

I'm done with this now. The vendors never responded to the questions so silence is it's own answer.

8. act8192

act8192 Registered Member

9. Escalader

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.