NOD32 version 4.0.437.0 startup scan issue

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Alith, Aug 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alith

Alith Registered Member

Since I installed this version (clean install) my computer frequently locks at boot up. It hangs with the ESET icon in the notification area going around and around. Then when it's finally done the startup scans, I have to use the reset button on my PC to boot up again because everything is locked up. I can't use the mouse or any keyboard combinations to get out of being stuck. I have unchecked the two startup scans in scheduler and the problem has resolved. I'd like to have these scans run, but unless I can figure out what apps aren't playing nice, I don't have any option but to stop the startup scans from running.

The only two items running in the scheduler are the log maintenance every day at 7 PM and the regular automatic update at 60 min. intervals. (I haven't got the Automatic Update after user login checked either).

Is there a list of known issues in a readme file or something that might be of help?

2. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hi Alith,

It sounds like there's something running that ESET is scanning. What else is installed that could be performing those continuous actions?

BFG

3. Alith

Alith Registered Member

I don't know what it could be that is different from before this issue started.
    I have Go Back running in the background along with many other apps that get loaded at startup. That hasn't changed. Has something changed with this latest version of ESET? The fact that I wait for the startup scan to finish so as not to interfere with things loading is annoying. However what is more than annoying is that after the scan, the system locks up. Randomly of course, which makes it more difficult to figure out.

4. BryanW

BryanW Registered Member

I had the same problem until I disabled the NOD32 Automatic file startup check launched at user logon.

5. Alith

Alith Registered Member

I disabled both startup scans. I also disabled automatic update at user logon.
    My system doesn't freeze with the startup scans off, and loads faster with the auto update at user logon. It updates every 60 minutes anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.