NOD32 v5 problem with removable media scan - infinite loop

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by v35_pilot, Dec 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. v35_pilot

v35_pilot Registered Member

Have had this problem twice now since upgrading to NOD32 v5 on my Win7 x64 PC - The removable media scan seems to get stuck in an infinite loop and scans the same medium over and over again, about one scan every two seconds, until I reboot the computer to stop it.

The latest example of this issue happened tonight. I closed my empty DVD tray and the removable media scan started up, reported nothing found, completed, and then repeated the entire process.

Here's a screen grab of the first several scans to give you an idea of this loop:

SNAG-0534a.jpg

I have reported this officially via the "customer care" link in the product but I thought I would still look here for ideas.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  2. v35_pilot

v35_pilot Registered Member

To add some more information - this problem happens when a software product automatically ejects a CD/DVD/Bluray disc. Once the disc is ejected, this maddening loop of scans on the empty drive begins.

3. Phil_S

Phil_S Registered Member

I've had similar with the pop-up notification that prompts for action on inserting removable media. After ejecting the media, it kept popping up repeatedly even though the drive was empty. The only way I could solve it was by turning off the notification prompt in the settings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.