Nod32 V4 Killed Several Machines

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by sterion75, Mar 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sterion75

sterion75 Registered Member

Hello,
    I rolled out Nod32 V4 last night to several machines and servers at work using the central administration servers and the einstaller.exe deploy method. 3 out of the 8 servers were screwed up upon getting into work. 2 were our domain controllers/software rollout both running server 2008. These were locked and even after a reboot could not access them(applying computer settings). I got round this by removing the network cable and it allowed us to log in eventually. The 3rd was a "file server/dns server/watchguard webblocker server" where approx 12 people have user spaces on. One share holds a 1GB database. This server became extremely unstable and would lock up after an hour most. Settings are pretty much default I can provide the xml file if needed

Along with these were several desktop machines running the Novell client which could no longer log onto the network. Almost as though the traffic was firewalled

Any ideas on any of these? I will do some more testing tomorrow

Thanks

Robbie

2. artsky

artsky Registered Member

hi, the opposite should be true. I usually do a test in a simulated environment first before I roll out something especially to a production environment.

3. sterion75

sterion75 Registered Member

I take your point. I've never had an issue with NOD in any release so felt confident to "put it out there". At the moment im not sure this release is stable enough for a production environment(mostly server based issues).

Unfortunately with some configuration pre-testing is not possible. I cannot setup a replica machine which demonstrates the same usage etc of a production machine. I believe the issue is to do with real time file system protection and network access to files on a larger scale. If this is the case again I would only be able to test in a production environment

I'll do some more testing to see if I can pinpoint a cause on the file server first. The domain controller will hopefulyl be a spinoff from that

4. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

You should be setting up scanning exclusions for the directories that the DCs store their databases in, per Microsoft's guidelines. Same goes for DNS servers, WINS server. Eset recommends setting up exclusions for any database and associated log files on the server running the database application.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.