NOD32 V4 interfering with Spybot

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by The fox, Jul 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The fox

The fox Registered Member

It would appear as if NOD32 is interfering with Spybot S&D, disabling it from getting updates. Spybot S&D reports "Stream Read Error" when I attempt to update it, and I can't even get on the site for Spybot, as this is also blocked by, what I can only guess, is NOD32. I have attempted to make NOD32 disregard the site, without any success.

How would I go on about getting this solved, as I won't uninstall S&D due to the fact that its rather quick for those times when running something that will take +2 hours plus is abit of a too long wait.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello!

You finally upgraded :D

Open the user interface of EAV4 (ESET Antivirus 4) , then press F5 button to open the entire advanced setup .

Goto "Exclusions" and find Spybot S&D's exe file - just the exe file/files . Add them to the exclusions so that they are not scanned.

Then , navigate to "Web access protection → HTTP → Web browsers"
    Make sure there is a X next to Spybot S&D.

This will make EAV not to scan Spybot's http traffic .

More information here

By performig these changes you'll ensure that it is not EAV that interferes with Spybot S&D. It will not lower the security of your computer.

ASpace

3. The fox

Still gives me the same error.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

5. The fox

As I have never booted into safe mode, what exactly will it look like? And how would I go on about changing it from safe mode to normal mode?

I attempted to access Spybots site using a proxy, it returned that the connection timed out. Could it possibly be something on their end thats causing this?

I also attempted to access the site with IsItUp.org, it reported that the site most likely is down.. it would appear this problem isnt on my end.

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Read this link and the Microsoft one I previously gave you and remember to start in Safe Mode with Networking.

It will look like similar . The way to get back to normal mode is to simply restart the computer - nothing scary and dangerous :)

Being in Safe Mode with Networking you'll be able to ensure it is not EAV because it will be completely disabled(services/drivers not loaded) . Then , Spybot S&D will be able to load and you'll see if it is NOD32 or Spybot itself the troublemaker.

7. The fox

As I mentioned in my post above the one you just wrote, it appears the whole site is down. I am not sure if this is too much to ask or anything but, do you believe you could attempt to connect to the Spybot site and see if it loads at all?

8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I am unable to access their site ,as well

Attached Files:

• 1111.PNG
      1111.PNG
      File size:
      34.5 KB
      Views:
  9. ASpace

ASpace Guest

There might be a temporary issue with their site or update servers . You'd better just wait a few hours/ a day :thumb:

10. The fox

Ah, then it would appear is if NOD32 is innocent. Sorry for taking your time, I will attempt to reconnect to the site throughout the day tomorow and hopefully itll go back up.

And thanks for the advice to upgrade to NOD32 v4, simply put, I love it. Only thing I miss is the interface from 2.7 tho, but its not something that is any bother at all.

As it is 5 in the morning here, I will be heading off for a good nights, if not least a few hours of sleep.

Once again, thanks.

11. ASpace

ASpace Guest

No problem . I have some sleep problems and there is nothing else to do now :)

6 am here :)

You are welcome :thumb:

12. ASpace

ASpace Guest

13. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

14. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Thanks , FanJ! :thumb:

Nice to see the issue completely resolved now

15. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.