NOD32 v4 freezes Windows 7 64bit

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by pietpara, Jan 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pietpara

pietpara Registered Member

Hi,
    I have been a "lover" of NOD32 for many many years now, and I have licenses for each of my home PC and never had any problems with it. For that I always recommend it to anyone asking for a good antivirus program.

However, since I have a new PC on which I installed Win7 64 bit, I have nothing but problems with NOD32 v4. And this is on a completely fresh install of Win7.
    What happens:
    Upon login Windows hangs, sometimes for a 1 minute sometimes for a few minutes and sometimes indefinitely and, sometimes it doesn't at all. It either hangs before showing the login, right after logging in or during the build up of the GUI or during 1st launch of an app. And again, sometimes it works fine.
    However, when I disable the services using msconfig.exe, or I uninstall NOD32, the problem is completely gone and I notice the PC is even more responsive.

I have tried reinstalling a few times, even using the manual uninstaller tool given by ESET support, but nothing has helped so far.

I am quite disappointed, since I am/was a fan of it, and I just paid for another renewal for a few licenses of all home PCs, and now I have to use my PC without antivirus protection (better not to) or try out a different antivirus.

Also, I wrote to ESET support and I got laid off saying I shoud contact ESET Denmark because I live in Germany. o_O?? I am english speaking and I want english support, not german.

Anywa, Has anyone else encountered the problem? Or do you have helpful tips?

thanks a lot!
    PietPara

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Does the problem persist after installing EAV 4.2.22? If so, does disabling startup scan tasks in Scheduler help?

3. pietpara

where can I get this download? On the download site there is only 4.0.474 available.

thanks
    PietPara

4. Brambb

Brambb Registered Member

It is still in beta but I, like many other, are running since release without a single problem.

You can get it here: http://beta.eset.com/eav

As said you can also try to disable the startup scan to see if that it what is bothering the boot-up sequence.

5. pietpara

Thanks, I just installed the 4.2.22 beta version. Let's see.
    I had a look into Task Scheduler but found no instance of ESET being launched at login or startup. Where can I find it?

thanks
    PietPara

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

In the main EAV panel, switch to advanced mode and navigate to Tools -> Scheduler

7. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

What type of Internet connection does the computer have?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

8. pietpara

Hi, just to let you know that it seems that the problem is solved by installing the 4.2.22 beta version. I haven't rebooted a lot so can't be 100% sure yet.

However, what happens now? I ask because this is a beta version and I have been paying for a license. Will my license due date start at the moment ESET releases this beta version as official release? And when will that be?

thanks again :thumb:
    PietPara

9. pietpara

ADSL 6000 kbps down / 512 kbps up, through a router.

PietPara

10. pinjoa

pinjoa Registered Member

hello all,
    I have this problem too, with a notebook with Windows7 Ultimate 64bit
    I tried EAV v4.0.474 and with new EAV beta version.

the problem starts randomly after EAV installation, :mad:

(i have a very good internet connection, the problem is with wired or wireless internet connection...)

11. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hello,

Please check the type of RAM installed and make sure it's set to the maximum "Safe" voltage in the BIOS. Not overclocked but maxed out and still "Safe"

If it's even a little underclocked it may be dipping when we Start up which could cause the machine to freeze.

BFG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.