NOD32 V4 - Download Performance Hit

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by wendelly, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wendelly

wendelly Registered Member

I just upgraded from NOD32 V3 to V4 (4.0.417) on Vista x32 on 2 machines. I have noticed that when downloading files using IE8 - as an example, CaptureOne4.7.exe approximately 80MB from Phaseone.com - that the download dialog progresses to 99% fairly quickly and then appears to "freeze"; I can only suppose that NOD32 is scanning the file for viruses but it takes an inordinate amount of time. After about two or three minutes, the download completes successfully. Anyone experience a similar issue and if it related to NOD32, how do I fix?

2. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

3. wendelly

wendelly Registered Member

Thanks; was not trying to be lazy but when I first read that thread I thought that it addressed the issue of downloading archives packed with a specific program. Will go back and re-read.

4. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

No worries, I just pointed it out as it's a few pages back in the topics now and you might not have seen it. I'd remembered it was there.

Jim

5. windstrings

windstrings Registered Member

I hope someone post when this is "fixed"....this is the only thing holding me back from going to 4.

6. windstrings

windstrings Registered Member

Well, I got brave.. I did a system restore point and went ahead and updated to 4.0.417. So far no performance issues... even went in after install and reboot and tweaked everything to the max "the way I normally run"... seems a few things had to be turned on even though I did an install over my 3.0 version and "kept my settings".

So far.. no complaints....
    I'm even doing a full scan of my system and I still see no performance issues I can put my finger on over 3.0.

I'll let you know if I change my mind.

7. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    So far no issues with v4....installed it on a few rigs at the office and one of my laptops...installed RIGHT ON TOP of version 3. Reboot..runs smooth, browsing speeds fine, network transfers fine, e-mail fine, downloads from the internet fine. Startup, shutdown, fine.

8. gugarci

gugarci Registered Member

Good for you. I'm still good, knocking on wood, been running version 4 since last Tuesday.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.