NOD32 v4 and Internet Explorer 8.

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Pecker_Head, Mar 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pecker_Head

Pecker_Head Registered Member

Hello Folks,

Has anyone upgraded to IE8 yet? I am wondering if NOD32 v4 Business Edition AV is having issues with the new browser. I am just curious. Thank you for your replies.

-P_Head

2. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

Seems okay for me. I've one PC on EAVBE and one on EAV, both V4, and both seem ok.

I'm not scanning all file son open/create, just on execute.

Jim

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are new NOD32 user but why you expect a high quality product like EAV/NOD32 to have issues with every single product , especially an extremely popular one like MS's Internet Explorer.

4. AJStevens

AJStevens Registered Member

IE8 is just out of Beta, but I upgraded to it yesterday morning, no problems on my PC.

Eset NOD32 BE
    Version 4.0.314.0

IE8
    Version 8.0.6001.18702

Last edited: Mar 25, 2009
  5. pondlife152

pondlife152 Registered Member

I've not got the Business Edition, only NOD32 V4.0 Home Edition but it works fine with IE8 on my machine.

6. Arceon

Arceon Registered Member

Being a Systems Administrator myself, this is drilled into you from day one. Trust no software vendor/update EVER. It doesn't matter who its from it HAS to be tested before being rolled out. And on that note...

Issues!

Running Vista Business 32bit, after installing IE8 and restarting the NOD32 icon is red with the message "An error occured while starting services. Analysis of application protocols (POP3, HTTP) will not function."

Windows Vista (TM) Business (32-bit)
    Version 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1
    Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2200 @ 2.20Ghz (2194 Mhz), 3037MB RAM

ESET NOD32 Antivirus
    Version 4.0.314.0

*Sighs*

Last edited: Mar 25, 2009
  7. Pecker_Head

Hello HiTech_boy,

I truly an not trying to find any faults with NOD32. In fact just the opposite. I never roll-out any updates or upgrades unless they have been proven 'reasonably' bug-free. There is nothing worse than to 'assume' an update or upgrade is going to work without researching how it is performing on others computers/servers. I agree with Arceon, this mentality is driven into most every System Administrator I know, myself included. I personally would have *NEVER* purchased *MULTIPLE* NOD32 licenses if I didn't think it was a quality product. So please don't take my post as an attempt at bashing NOD32. It was a simple question of compatability, nothing more.

-P_Head

8. Pecker_Head

Hello Folks,

Thank you to all who have replied to my query. I appreciate it. I want to be certain that when my users request the upgrade to IE8 that I will be able to handle that transition cleanly. Arceon, thank you for clarifying the reason for my query. You understand as I do what can happen if 'safeguards' are not used prudently. I'm certain you and I could exchange many 'horror' stories ;-). Thank you everyone. I truly appreciate this forum and all the wonderful people registered here.

Cheers,
    -P_Head

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.