NOD32 v4.2 BE: Configuring Notification Manager to send email alert upon ANY threat?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Reedmikel, Mar 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reedmikel

Reedmikel Registered Member

I am trying to get ERAS/ERAC configured to send email alerts using the Console's Tools->Notification Manager, but I have not yet gotten it to work. I tried creating a new rule with a single parameter (Has LAST THREAT Event), but no alert was sent when a machine's realtime-protection module blocked an executable today. The threat lists on the Threats pane, but on the Clients pane LAST THREAT ALERT is blank for this machine.

I also downloaded the EICAR test file to simulate an infection/threat. NOD32 detects it right away on my PC, and my PC's NOD32 client does send the following email alert:

3/8/2012 16:05:23 PM - Module Real-time file system protection - Threat Alert triggered on computer MIKESPC: C:\temp\eicar.com.txt contains Eicar test file.

But I have not figured out how to get a similar email alert sent out of my ERAS. What "parameter" in a Notification rule would I need to use? Last Threat Alert does not work. I guess a Last Threat Alert is only for unresolved threats from a scan. I want alerts for quarantined items, which implies the item could not be cleaned, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.