Nod32 v3 In Comparison To Others?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by DasFox, Jan 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

A friend's computer got hit pretty bad, so she called me up to come over and fix it up, well to my shock I installed Nod32 v3 to help out, and I was really shocked and how crappy a job it did at detections, not only did it miss a few trojans, but it missed a hell of a lot of spyware/malware too.

To say the least I was very unhappy with the results, and when I saw how poorly it did for me in the detection department, I was really saying to myself I think it's time to look somewhere else.

How well is v3 doing at detections for everything it's suppose to be detecting compared to other AVs out there right now?

THANKS

2. solcroft

solcroft Registered Member

To strictly answer the question you posed: pretty run-of-the-mill, and Eset can drag its feet horribly with adding detections.

I suggest you contact Eset support to help with the missed malware. I could recommend some other products with superior detection, but unfortunately none of them are very helpful at cleanup either AFAIK.

3. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

It has the same detection as version 2.7 which always performs well at av comparatives ,though personally i think its ad/spyware detection isnt that good at all.Id be more inclined to worry about version 3s bugs at present rather than its detection,and that stops me from using it even though i have a licence.
    ellison

4. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

Well from what I've seen of v3 I'm staying clear on my box, and I installed for my own usage right now Avira AntiVir PE Premium, so I'll see how it plays out later if I like it or not.

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Sorry DasFox but We don't do comparison type threads.

General Policy Statement - Antivirus Section

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.