Nod32, V3 beta

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by rogervernon, Sep 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rogervernon

rogervernon Registered Member

It is surprising to see so many posts complaining that ESS did this, that or the other!

For me,and I have a pretty ordinary set up of XP Home, 1GB Ram and a Centrino 1.7 mobile processor on a Toshiba laptop.
    I also run Comodo Firewall, V2.4, Superantispyware (real time protection), Comodo Memory Guard and Spyware Blaster.

For me, the beta of the AV runs perfectly, updates perfectly and is "a jolly good thing"!

Only lacking, for me, is the ability to scan SSL Gmail, whose POP & SMTP servers I use instead of my ISP's - (KIS can :rolleyes: ) and the annoying blocking of a specific live chat board when IMON is enabled - but V2 does that too.

:D :D :D :D

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

In order to scan secured pop3 / http traffic, install an SSL wrapper (e.g. www.stunnel.org)

3. rogervernon

rogervernon Registered Member

I've tried forever to get stunnel working and have given up!

4. sjgore

sjgore Registered Member

Am I right in thinking that an SSL wrapper isn't necessary, because although the e-mail won't be scanned by EMON, the e-mail will be scanned as soon as it is accessed? (by the system real-time scanning)

In other words, a virus will be detected either way. Or am I mistaken?

Steve.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.