NOD32 V3 and Autodesk Inventor 2008 Problems

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by jedi_m, Feb 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_m

jedi_m Registered Member

Hello,

Respectfully I'm asking for guides with my NOD32 antivirus. I spent all night trying to find a sollution, but I'm tired and lost now.

For some reason I couldn't install Autodesk Inventor 2008 on a machine with NOD 32 V3 antivirus. The installation stopped when validating ADMS System Check. I totally removed NOD 32 Antivirus and the installation went OK.
    Inventor 2008 runs OK until I reinstalled back NOD32 v3 AV (no problems at all on an other machine with BitDefender 2008 ). Now when I am trying to access Content Centre my computer just freeze. EKRM process is 90%, Autodesk Data Management Server (ADMS) can not be accessed and I can not use the software.
    Five min ago I removed NOD and Inventor works perfect.
    I would appreciate a lot an advise with NOD settings. I like NOD and I would like to install it back ASAP (2.7 or 3.0).

Thanks
    Jedi_M

Last edited: Feb 18, 2008
  2. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hi,

See if this will help. Go to the "Advanced Setrup" > Web access protection > HTTP > Web Browsers.

In this window you'll want to exclude that program from being scanned by putting a red X in all appropriate boxes.

Please let us know the results.

Thank you,
    BFG

3. jedi_m

jedi_m Registered Member

Thanks,

Before I start do you recommend v2.7 or v3.0?

Thanks,
    Jedi_m

4. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hi,

If you go with 2.7 you'll want to "Quit" IMON and then reboot to see if that allows the install. After rebooting the IMON icon must still be grey. If it does allow the installation then we can try just excluding the program from IMON's scanning.

The earlier directions were for 3.0.

BFG

5. jedi_m

jedi_m Registered Member

Thanks man one million times, DONE and it's working!!!! NOD32 v2.7 I'm so happy!
    I installed NOD32 2.7 and tryied again Autodesk Inventor 2008 without modifying anything in NOD settings.
    Guess what. Works 100% no conflicts, no slowdown, full access to Library Database in my local Server. IMON is enabled, active and didn't have any conflict.
    Leason learned!

Thanks again, have a great weekend. I'm out.
    Jedi_M

Last edited: Feb 18, 2008
  6. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Thank you for using NOD32

7. DavidCo

DavidCo Registered Member

jedi_m
    Thanks for the post, I havn't used AD for a while now (on UG)
    But I remember when I used CA suite (with ZoneAlarm) and AD that I had problems.
    AD uses lots of hooks and effectively sets up it's own proxy so as to become an environment.
    I had to use Dependancy Walker to track down everything and add them one by one to exclusions. Took hours.
    UG does the same, but I'm still on V2.7 so I will watch this thread just in case Eset drop in.
    Cheers
    :ninja:

8. jedi_m

jedi_m Registered Member

Thanks David for advise. This 2 guys (Autodesk Inventor 2008 & NOD32 2.7)still works like a charm, not a single problem so far. In the future I would want to go back to NOD32 V3, but I'll wait for a while and try to find out from other guys if it works.
    Jedi_M

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.