Nod32 v3.0.684 stops during virus scan

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by enduser999, May 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enduser999

enduser999 Registered Member

Have a client whose NOD32 v3 was updated to build 684 recently because when she does a on demand scan the scan stops at 80% always on C:\Program Data\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\WordPerfect Office X3\Utilities .

Is this a known problem with NOD32 and Wordperfect?

2. DannyT

DannyT ESET Support

3. enduser999

Realize that one can do an exclusion on the entire directory however why would NOD32 show a directory rather than an indivual file or files?

4. DannyT

DannyT ESET Support

May want to also scan the directory , so we can isolate the problem to whatever file is causing the issue.

Thanks

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Does installing the latest version 4.0.437 make a difference? What about running ecls.exe to scan the drive with all scanned files logged? Does it stop at the same folder?

6. enduser999

Well I hesistate installing version 4 on this machine as I have had nothing but problems with version 4 locking up 2 computers here so much so that I have reverted back to version 3 which appears to have helped.

7. ThomasC

ThomasC Former ESET Support Rep

I would recommend that when you are installing ESET NOD32 V4 that you first completely uninstall version 3. Here is a related KB article on how to completely remove ESET version 3 products from the machine.

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN558

This will ensure you get a fresh start with version 4. Let us know how it goes.

-Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.