NOD32 V3.0.566.0 - slows everything down?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by DayWatch, Nov 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poutine

poutine Registered Member

I have also now returned to 2.7 on all my machines. I will take some persuading now to upgrade again. But still with Eset though eh. ;)

2. Scotto

Scotto Registered Member

This may not help many people, but it's what I've come to learn after a few months of swapping between V2.7 and V3 on my older XP SP2 machine. Only when I have Windows Control Centre and Windows Automatic Updates enabled, do I get 100% cpu usage from ekrn.exe - there is a conflict there. It's fine when I turn those 2 off.
    Also for slow web browsing, if I go into NOD32, Setup, Enter entire advanced setup tree..., Web access protection, HTTP, Web Browsers - I tick the browsers I use.
    Now, Active mode - I keep all browsers I use here PASSIVE - if I tick for active mode, it really slows browsing/image loading e.t.c. Just thought I'd mention it. Sorry if it's been mentioned before. I have no probs with V3 and am actually very satisfied with it.
    Merry Xmas one and all !
    Regards,
    Scotto,
    Sydney.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2007
  3. tempusfugit

tempusfugit Registered Member

What seems to be re-iterated here is that the problem seems to be with Vista (any edition) and NOD32 (possibly only for the full Security Suite) Version 3.

I am having the same problems on a machine configured this way and no problems on my XP machines.

I have even uninstalled Eset completely from the machine and Windows Security Center still reports that it is installed!

I have a ticket in with Eset and have yet to get a satifactory answer!

I have installed AVG Free edition on the offending pc but it is still slow on some (not all) websites!

If you search for my user name and NOD32 you will see the screen shot and the communication with Eset.

Returning to version 2.7 didn't seem to help in my case!

4. Vettetech

Vettetech Former Poster

Why dont you install 621

5. tempusfugit

tempusfugit Registered Member

Good idea,

but would Kap un-install NOD32 firewall? or at least stop Security center reporting that it is still installed.

At the moment it looks like I would have to completely re-install Vista to get rid of the NOD32 product?

With all respect to those who promote the product that they personally use as being the best - NOD32 was a pretty good product!

6. Chura

Chura Registered Member

Installed 621 trial, and same behave.
    when i exclude the jpg, jpeg and gif it works fine.

what can we do ?
    can some1 point eset here ??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.