Nod32 v2.7 Updating issue whilst migrating

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Jason_B, Oct 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason_B

Jason_B Registered Member

Currently I am in the process of moving clients from a server running Nod32 2.7 and RAC 1.0.15 to a server running NOD32 BE V4.0.437 with RAC 3.1.11

Basically what I want to do is move the clients from the old server to new one whilst maintaining the client version 2.7 and then upgrade them all to V4.

What I am experiencing is that when they connect to the new server they won't update their definition files. I have enabled the mirror feature within the RAC including updates for v2 clients, I can see the update files created in the path specified. If I point the client back to the original server they update without an issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Jason

2. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello Jason_B,

There are several things that can be checked to see where the issue is:

-Was the mirror correctly set up and is it enabled? Also, double check mirror settings.
    -Does the new server have the same name as the previous one?
    -Are ports 2221 thru 2224 open?
    -Make sure that you are using the latest version of NOD32 (4.0.467).
    -you can also reference http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN884.

Thank you,
    Richard

3. Jason_B

Jason_B Registered Member

Sorry I should have posted this the other day. I found the issue, I hadn't modified the V2 clients to point at the /nod32v2 directory of the http site.

Cheers

Jason

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.