NOD32 v2.7 RC1 released

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 v3 Beta Forum' started by agoretsky, Nov 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Will they include some HIPS like Kasersky,s PDMs?

2. Esvee

Esvee Registered Member

Not sure, that would be handy...its all pretty hush hush tho so good luck to someone who can find out some info about v3. :ninja: :D

3. m4dj

m4dj Registered Member

I have the same problem. The update definitions are stuck on 7-11-2006.
    Before the rc1 i have the beta version and the last update was on 8-11-2006.

When i click update its say that i already have the newest definitiions although its not true. strange

4. m4dj

m4dj Registered Member

Supporter/distributor in Slovenia told me that next year we can expect nod32 with antispam options :p

5. DooGie

DooGie Registered Member

Have you tried deleting any nod32 related files which get stored in various temp directories on your PC. I posted earlier in this thread about how I was able to update after doing this.

6. VeeHexx

VeeHexx Registered Member

weirdly im having issues with running this.

downloads and installs fine. restart, and back into vista, nod32 locks up pc solid. mouse moves, but cant do anything (no start menu, ctrl+alt+del, desktop icons unclickable)

booted into safemode and tried to run nod32 from there - get a nod kernel engine unable to execute (which i kinda 1/2 expected it not to run). so for now i've had to uninstall it.
    any ideas on why it hangs pc?
    i be running RC1 32bit.

edit: upgraded to rc2 - all is runnin fine! must be vista rc1 issue.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2006
  7. m4dj

m4dj Registered Member

Hi !

Yes i do what U mention. I also deleted the update files in nod32 dir. It didnt worked, but today my nod32 is updated with definitions of 10-11-2006. I dont know where was the problem. Mybe we just had to wait a little more. Now it is updated.

8. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Is this Ok. I am asking as it started to download about more that was expected to take about 20 minutes on my dial up then I saw just after few minutes, it stopped update and after that it never downloaded updates more than few minutes.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      40.8 KB
      Views:
  9. Calculon

Calculon Registered Member

Everything installed correctly and was working fine until about 20 minute ago. My CPU was stuck at 20% usage and was causing everything to lag. Using the resource monitor the culprit was NOD, which I think was stuck in an infinite update loop and causing the CPU usage to spike.

A restart has fixed the problem, and I will update if it happens again.

Edit: It did it again :(

Last edited: Nov 14, 2006
  10. PnP

PnP Registered Member

I have some problem with windows vista and nod 2.7 RC1... when pc start and load all icon in systray pc is blocked for some minutes, then when load nod start normally... I disable scan access and scan shutdown, my PC is a conroe 6600 with 2 gb ram ddr2 667 mhz.. if disable nod the problem there isn't...

Anyone have my same problem? cheers

11. basti

basti Registered Member

@Marcos

Should we first un-install the RC to install the Final ? Or can we install the Final over the RC ?

12. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

The production version of NOD32 has been released. For more information, please see this thread. This release can be installed over earlier versions.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.