Nod32 (V2.7 and 3.0)

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by feisty_fawn, Sep 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. feisty_fawn

feisty_fawn Registered Member

What is the difference between Nod32 2.7 and 3.0?

Besides, Nod32 was much better with the old classic design on v2 - 2.7, keeping system resources as low as possible. Nod32 3.0 needs more system resources, just so noobs can understand it, which was easy to use already...

Why would you want to upgrade to Nod32 3? o_O

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

As a very minumum it can be said that the new v3 uses the new improved engine of the ESET antivirus which is supposed to be better at cleaning active malware . If it is better or not , only time and different cases can show.

In my opinion and on my machines , EA v3 and NOD32 v2.7 are equally light and I don't get any difference while doing what I do with them . With ESS there is a difference because of the extra functions it has (such as Firewall , Anti-spam) . There are many reasons why one would want to update to the newer version but do sum it up , any new version is supposed to be better than the previous version . EA v3 is different than NOD32 v2 but in my opinion (comparing the antivirus only) , I think v3 will be better than v2 (of course , when it gets ready) :thumb:

3. Concepts

Concepts Registered Member

Unless you are running an old pentium 1-3 on 256mb of ram I wouldnt be worried about resources at all, and if you are that concerned maybe its time to buy and new pc or upgrade your existing one with more ram and if that fails then you could always go to Linux and you wont have the need for any antivirus! We are at war and you are worried about resources from a small app like Nod you need to get out more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.