NOD32 v2.5.16: AMON started but not scanning

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by n32tu, May 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n32tu

n32tu Guest

Hello!
    Some "background" information first.

I am using Windows 2000 Pro + Service Pack 4. I got Opera 8, Zone Alarm Pro 4.5, Alcohol 120%, Apache 2, MySQL 4, Trillian 3 and Real VNC 4.

These run constantly on my computer: AMD Athlon XP 1800+, 1GB DDR RAM, MSI KT3 ULTRA ARU (mother board).

This is not a server. I only use Apache, PHP and MySQL for web development (my current hobby).

One important thing: I only use Hibernate when I stop my computer over night, because it reboots much faster than normal boot. It works perfect for me and I only need to do a "clean" restart after a few weeks.

Last year I tested NOD32 (of course, older version) on my system. It caused Blue Screen of Death on my computer after resume.

With the new version ... I said I should give it a try (maybe they fixed it). Yes, it now works. I can resume.

Yet ... AMON no longer works. In the Control Center it is enabled and started, but the scanned files count does not increment. I also tried "playing" with some viruses, no warnings. This means AMON is not working at all.

I'm not sure if AMON stopped working exactly after Hibernate.

What could be the problem? I played Half-Life 2 once. Also, I don't think Hibernate is actually the problem because I tested on the same OS (Win2k+SP4) with another computer. It worked, but on that computer I don't have so many applications installed (only a clean OS).

Worth of noting is that I only enable the AMON module. I don't use/need IMON, DMON nor EMON. It is configured for maximum protection.

Something important: I don't need replies like "upgrade to Windows XP" or "why do you use Hibernate?" or "why do you use X application?". I use whatever I wish.

Thank you very much.
    ________

Further details after "investigation".

I reinstalled NOD32, restarted, updated and restarted again. Everything works perfectly now, even AMON :). I also tested Hibernate, AMON still working.

I didn't test HL 2 because I don't want to. I'm bored :). I'm almost sure it is the problem and I don't have the time to reinstall NOD32 again.

Any suggestions?

2. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Glad to hear :)
    Let us know if you discover anything further - Are you using the newest download 2.50.19?

3. n32tu

n32tu Guest

Nope ... i'm using 2.5.16.

4. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Something to keep in mind for next time whenever that is...:)
    Let us know if it makes any difference :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.