NOD32 v 3.0

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by DVD+R, Nov 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starter15

starter15 Registered Member

been trialling this suite. i must say i like kaspersky and avira better.

2. trjam

trjam Registered Member

they are have their issues, good and bad.

3. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

I've only had good experiences while i tested the beta. Only reason i didn't get an nod32 license is due to the price, it seems very expensive for us aussies.

4. dNor

dNor Registered Member

Yes, I too am disappointed with NOD32 v3, especially for the price. However, v2.7 is still fantastic, so I'll just stick with that at work until all the issues are resolved in v3. I have some faith in ESET that the issues will be resolved fine.

Until then, at home I'll continue to use Avira Premium.

5. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

I tried NOD32 v3, and ESS, beta, RC, and final release. I don't like the new GUI. Both NOD32 v3 and ESS ran heavy on my computer. Compared with NOD32 v2, my computer took longer to start up, and browsing speeds were slower with v3 installed. I never was a huge fan NOD32 v2, but I liked certain things about it, and I think it is a better product than the new version. As always, just one persons opinion. YMMV. :)

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

The problem actually is that with v2 of NOD32 , ESET have established too high quality standarts (high quality in malware protection , lightness , speed , small files) . It now seems that it is difficult even for them to bypass their own very high standarts of the version 2.
    However , I am sure this will change in near future. :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2007
  7. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

AV.

suite.

8. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Again, this is a very good post.:thumb:

9. gav1577

gav1577 Registered Member

this is my first time in this forum and would like to say hi to everyone :D
    first off I will never use nod32 again after 3 years of use it was disabled from starting up on my pc allowing all sorts of viruses @ spyware to be downloaded on my pc and turning it into a spaming robot disabled task manager & regedit and removing shutdown & restart buttons nod32 has exelent detection rates but has no defence from its registry keys and program files being removed and disabled from starting up i kept the file that was infected and tried antivir it was also disabled along with spyware doctor.the only av that prevented this infection from disabling it from starting was kaspersky even though it did not detect the file in question it knew someting was tring to inject code protected its self from deletion even though i allowed the file to run its prosses
    i can never have the same confidence in nod32 again imagine this happend to someone with no computer knowlege they would be ****ed how can an av protect ur pc if it cant even protect its self o_O for anyone interested have a look here at my posts on the antivir forums http://forum.avira.com/thread.php?threadid=29579
    i am now a happy customer of kav:D

10. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

welcome to wilders forums, gav1577 :)

as for your post, sometimes we have to learn the hard way..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.