NOD32 v 3.0

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by DVD+R, Nov 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

I managed to get my hands on the Official Release :cautious: and I mut say I'm impressed :cautious: Extremely fast and light, and ontrary to belief the Configuration settings are much like v 2.7 if you ake time to look through them, thay are extremely easy to configure :cautious: the Custom settings are availablin Advanced Mode, and are just like the previous version, except the Optimal Cleaning Option is now called "Strict Cleaning" I ran a In Depth Scan and it took just under 58 minutes to scan 300000 + Files Also available is the Option of Smart Scan :cautious: I think this an Excellent job on ESETS outstanding product :shifty:

2. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

i wont comment on this version, or the need for it as it may turn into a bashing post.

take from that, my reply.

:D

3. trjam

trjam Registered Member

the only thing I will say is, if all of these people are getting their hands on it, then why the heck doesnt Eset just go ahead and give it to all the Wilders license holders. Sorry, if you have it, keep it to yourself, if your Eset, shame on giving it to a few and teasing the others. Not surprised though.

4. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i agree i have mixed feeling about this release and how they went about it. i also now have mixed feelings about the av after another one found 5 files on my system that are in fact known virus' and i checked that and nod completly overlooked them with 2.7 and ess.. i tested both of them. i upped them to jotti and the other site someone gave me the link to and they showed on almost every av but nod (others did miss them as well so it was not only nod)...i guess ill wait and see what happens..

5. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Viruses or F/P's :shifty: The detection engine hasnt changed, just a few additions.. so Now Blaming Eset really isnt realistic in a Material world :cautious: Nevertheless, having said that AV Comparatives test on NOD through the years still has this AV rated Advanced + :cautious:

6. zfactor

well according to the jotti and the virus scan page they were actual virus' and im not at all saying nod is a bad av, im just stating it missed stuff that avira picked up..

7. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

They all miss at one time or another. That's a fact. :)

8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Simply VirusTotal and Jotti scans can never proove if something is real threat . Never.

For example , I have seen a sample which none of the VT vendors detected . However , later this turns out to be real threat.

and Vice verca - I have seens a sample which many (more than 60%) VT vendors detect . It turns out that the file is actually clean.

I have also seens many cases where ESET is the onliest company from all the 32 VT vendors to detect a sample . I have seen samples which was detected by ESET and few others from the VT vendors . The samples then turned out to be real threats.

9. trjam

trjam Registered Member

No offense Hi Tech, but the majority of times I see submitted ones detected by, Kaspersky, Avira, F-Secure,Bitdefender and I usally can assume they are real and Nod didnt detect them. The once I see detected by Clam,CPSecure, Virusbuster and Sophos are usally the FPs.

10. solcroft

solcroft Registered Member

Avira = FP machine + corrupted sample detector.

NOD32 is actually very low on FPs for two reasons: a) its signature base is somewhat small, leaving heuristics to do most of the work, and b) its heuristics are emulator-based. Unfortunately, it also has somewhat high false negatives as well.

11. ASpace

ASpace Guest

No offense :thumb:

12. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

AFAIK, ESET uses both static and dynamic heuristics. I think that NOD's low FP count is explained by well-chosen signatures. Their VB record is explained by the low FP count.

13. wildvirus88

wildvirus88 Registered Member

The same than before...

The same low resource usage, the same good design and the same poor detection. About 90% of files that I get or receive by mail are not detected by NOD32. Yeah... These files infect PCs all over the world, get bank data, passwords, delete files... and ESET think "they are not high risk malwares". ESET needs to explain that to the users that get infection, lost money, passwords, files or something else...

14. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Good post.

15. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

I don't trust nod32 aswell but...i think you've gone too far here :D

16. SteveBlanchard

SteveBlanchard Registered Member

If you run rFactor, make sure Nod32 does not delete the Trymedia file with your activation code.

17. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

anyone else think its too expensive?

£25 for 1pc/1year... damn

and the suite is more costly than both f-secure and kaspersky.

not very competitive o_O

18. trjam

trjam Registered Member

You broke your promise.:doubt:

19. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

who promised?

the price is really expensive though, i dont see why.

20. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

$2 more than Avira's suite. :eek: I take back all the bad things I said about the Avira suite being too expensive. ;) :D

EDIT: Spelling correction.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2007
  21. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Lotsa money, buggy protection, yep, great idea Eset.:thumbd:

22. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Considering the reputation ESET has enjoyed for several years at least, I am surprised that the latest AV and suite are not showing well.
    I have not tried it, and do not have the expertise to do much. In addition, my systems are doing well, and I do not want to disturb them.

But I am surprised.

Best,
    Jerry

23. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

The version works fine for me as well as many other satisfied customers.

24. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Good. I realize that applications work differently on different systems. I think that most posters will be those who have issues, and that is natural.

I am of the school that would rather wait several months and see what shakes out before I try.

Best,
    Jerry

25. zfactor

yeah now im kinda down i think to avira or the newer nod32. after being a 4 year nod user im torn. so far for me at least avira is the only other suite that is running as light as ess does. im trying to decide which way to go. i dont think there is anything wrong with nod but i can say as mentioned above it seems to have missed a few things avira picked up. but i miss nod's gui and settings. avira doesnt have a great updater either..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.