NOD32 - v.1.1389 (20060131) Some More Giant Update 1.1392 (20060202)

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by shanijee, Feb 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CtlAltDelete

CtlAltDelete Registered Member

2. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England

Yeah, seems like Eset is damned if they do, damned if they don't. They release small updates, people complain that others release huge updates..why is Eset's so small? Eset releases big updates...people complian "why so?"

Sometimes I wonder why people lose so much sleep over the smallest things. Ok..seriously..I don't wonder...not worth my time, I sleep fine. But sheeeesh.....we're talking viruses and malware out there folks...it's a dynamic thing.

3. IBK

IBK AV Expert

ESET released a big update, someone said ~14000 signatures. Well, from the samples that were still undetected before this updates were released, only ~2500 samples were detected from the misses of august - the rest was already detected with the small updates released during the last 6 months. this discussion has not much sense imo, important is just that they are - like others - doing their best to detect as much malware as possible; better now than never. av-comparatives is not the only test that exist, could be that in e.g. in june another tester makes a test but no one will say anything if at that time big updates are released, just because users do not know it. Also other testers exist and maybe one of the other institutions send at the begin of the year lot of stuff around which is now going to be added by the companies.
    Of course some companies try to release their new product versions and as much updates as they can before a test starts. Unfortunatly you do not see like me how much other companies do release in the last days, weeks or months - but you will maybe be able to extract some more infos in the overview of added samples which will be included in the report in about 1 month.
    btw, in think about ~18 companies will participate this year; i hope everything runs fine in order to be able to finish the tests in my predefined time-lines.

4. pykko

pykko Registered Member

Well, I can only say congratulations to ESET! ;) :thumb:

Another big update like this and I can die in peace. :D

It's nice that av-comparatives will have 18 products to be tested in the february test. ;)

Perhaps, ESET will release some big updates for Adwares, Spywares, Keyloggers...I haven't seen many in the latest updates, or perhaps I'm blind. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.