Nod32 Trial mixed message

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by splicer707, Sep 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. splicer707

splicer707 Registered Member

nod.png

I still have 12 days left. Why is not32 telling me that my computer is not protected when the 'Antivirus and antispyware' is ticked still?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The trial version you have installed has a fixed expiry date set. The current trial version wortks exactly 30 days from installation.

3. MAC614

MAC614 Registered Member

I was about to make a topic about this but saw someone already,

I have the same propblem, How do we fix it?

4. Marcos

Simply uninstall the current trial version and install the trial version from the web which will work exactly for 30 days from installation.

5. STRYDER

STRYDER Registered Member

If we uninstall and reinstall the old trial version, will the same username and password work? Thanks

6. Marcos

The trial version does not require a username/password to update. Did you get one from a reseller before?

7. STRYDER

no i was just curious, is there anyway to download the trial again without having to reregister?

8. splicer707

This link: http://www.eset.eu/download/trial works for me.

Thanks

9. splicer707

@ Macros

I understand, but on one hand NOD32 Trial is telling me I have 12 days left. And that 'Antivirus and antispyware' has a green tick. Indicating I am protected. Yet, at the same time I'm being told 'Maxiumum protection is not ensured'. But I'm still within my trial period, my protection should be ensured. Shouldn't it?

10. Marcos

The current version does not distinguish between different states, but this will be changed in the next major update. I think it would be worse if the icon was green and you'd noticed that your license expired right on the date of expiry or even some days later.

11. STRYDER

Confirmed, uninstalling (including the ESET folder in C:\programfiles) and reinstalling the trial all over again worked. I guess it was an issue with the older build.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.