NOD32 Trial hangs during installation

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Capp, May 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Hey everyone,
    I have a client that is wanting to move away from Norton. He is already running a NOD32 license he purchased from me on another machine but is trying to get his father-in-law to switch over. He removed Norton AV and downloaded the 30 trial of NOD32. It gets to the "Click next to finish" and it hangs. He has to force it to stop and reboot the system and try again. He said he has tried a dozen or so times.

I had him disable his Norton Password Manager, but he gets the same message.

With a full version, I would normally have him blow out the Eset folder, clean the registry and redownload it, but I didn't know if this would be the right thing to suggest he do for the trial version.

I appreciate the help :)

Andy

2. hamlet

hamlet Registered Member

3. Capp

Capp Registered Member

4. hamlet

hamlet Registered Member

Can the Password Manager be loaded separately? If so, you could remove all the stuff and then reload just the Password Manager. I suppose you would lose any passwords saved however.

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The password manager can be temporarily disabled, many clients have already done so and subsequently installed NOD32 fine.

6. Capp

Capp Registered Member

See Below ;)

:D

7. Marcos

What message do you mean? With the NPM enabled, it should have just hung up without displaying any message.

8. Capp

Capp Registered Member

When it gets to the last screen of the NOD32 setup, the one that says "Click next to finish installation", he says it stops responding regardless of how long it sits there. He has to Alt+F4 to close it and then when he reboots, nothing happens.

Unfortunately, this guy lives in New York so I can't just rush over and look at it myself :)

9. Marcos

Maybe he didn't disable it properly? Coz this trick has always worked.

10. Capp

Capp Registered Member

I hope that is all that is wrong.

I sent him an email with proper instructions so if that doesn't work, I'll be back in here for more advice.

Thanks Marcos :)

11. ASpace

ASpace Guest

One really important thing nowadays is to fully remove the previous securities .Norton AV is removed but the password manager is not . He really should remove the password manager , install NOD32 and then again install Norton ^crapware^ . May be you need to have a live look at his computer , most clients just don't know how to really explain the situation .:)

12. CyberMew

CyberMew Registered Member

I would recommend him to convert and get KeePass @ http://keepass.sourceforge.net

So far the best password manager I have ever tried(the others is bloatware, crapware, malware, uglyware), and seriously would be better than the Norton one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.