NOD32 totally hangs installation of WinDVD 7 - Please assist!

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Xophile, Mar 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xophile

Xophile Registered Member

Hi!

I downloaded a trial version of WinDVD7 today and when I tried to install it, the whole installation process just hanged and my CPU went up to 100%. I used the task manager to end the process and tried again, same thing. I then tried unpacking the installation .exe file using WinRAR but the same thing happened! I then opened up NOD32 and noticed that it was scanning a file within the installation file called GoogleDesktopSearch_en.exe over and over again.

I had to manually extract all the files except "GoogleDesktopSearch_en.exe" and after that I was able to install WinDVD.

What's going on here?

Thanks for you help!

I'm running Windows XP SP2, AMD 3500+, 1Gb DDR400, SB Audigy 2ZS, Nvidia 7800GT. Pretty clean install. No viruses or ad/spyware detected using NOD32, Spybot and Ad-aware, Windows Defender & Outpost Firewall with antispywareplugin.

/Matt

2. kalpik

kalpik Registered Member

Yes.. it happens here too! Just disable AMON while installing WinDVD. Enable it after the install though!

3. Xophile

Well, that's a very bad solution to the problem (although it works fine).

Any other suggestions?

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Try disabling self-extracting archives in the AMON setup. It appears to me that these files are indeed sfx archives which will take some time for AMON to unpack them.

5. fosius

fosius Registered Member

I installed WinDVD7 without problems..

6. Xophile

Marcos: Yeah, that helps but I don't consider that being a very good "solution".

It not only takes ages for NOD to scan it, the CPU goes to the roof and after 10 min of waiting NOD is still not finished...

7. Albinoni

Albinoni Registered Member

I've got Win DVD running on my system like a Swiss Patek Phillipe and never had any issues. What makes you think NOD is causing the prob and not anything else ?

8. Xophile

Running WinDVd is not the problem, itäs just that NOD hangs while scanning the installation file.

And if I turn off runtime packers,it works fine

9. kalpik

kalpik Registered Member

Try installing the latest version..

10. kjempen

kjempen Registered Member

I can confirm this problem.
    Temporarily disabling AMON (or turning off runtime packers) should help while installing WinDVD 7.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.