NOD32 system tray icon

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Macstorm, Jun 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Greetz folks,

Is there any way to change the look of nod32's white/green system tray icon? Say, to change it like the "N" 'on demand scanner' icon...

Thanks

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Not as far as I know.

3. Carver

Carver Guest

Sometimes if you rename the .exe to .zip. you can remove/copy the file. But not in this case :(

4. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Too bad :(

Thanks anyway folks

5. fict0n

fict0n Registered Member

Rather than make a new topic:

Has removal of the tray icon ever been considered? NOD32 is well-known for its low footprint and basically invisible presence (automatically deny viruses, small-sized updates, set-it-and-forget-it), so it would be a very good feature to add to complement that fact, in my opinion.

I think it works well for unknowledgeable computer users and not having a tray icon would make them less likely to say "hey what is that icon down there?" or even "why did you install all these stupid security programs?" by making it so that any evidence of NOD32 being on their computer couldn't be distinguished without some advanced knowledge of how their own OS works.

The less a user feels the presence of a security feature, the more practical and realistic the security feature is.

I really hope this is considered. Icon-hiding programs are buggy and tedious.

6. hadi

hadi Guest

7. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

As for me, the last thing I would ever do is modify one of the most important programs on my computer.

8. anotherjack

anotherjack Registered Member

I'm thinking "not no, but heck no!" If I'm going to be messing around with a TSR, I'll play with something innocuous, like the Volume Control icon, not one of the first lines of defense that I have on my PC. I use a "See this icon? Don't mess with it. If it ever, EVER disappears or turns red, I want to know IMMEDIATELY." approach with my users. Passworded settings, etc. Tedious and repetitive calls result, but hey - it's my job, and I figure if putting a scare into them on the front end saves pain in my back end, it's worth it.:cool:

Jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.