NOD32 suite news!!!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by The One, Mar 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Speculation but it has solid reasoning behind.
    Do u think some body will bother to upgrade to a suite just for kerio. U can add kerio with NOD today and u have the suite then.

2. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Correct.

3. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

no, because you still wouldn't have the anti-spam,

plus i also think alot of esets work goes into making it low ram usage, quick performance rather than as you say "just adding kerio".... which we still dont know.

it would be nice if someone could confirm what firewall and anti-spam are in the product.

4. walking paradox

walking paradox Registered Member

IBK is at Cebit and has verified that the firewall is developed by Eset while the AntiSpam is not.

5. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

yep i noticed, already replied to 'that thread'

so

firewall = nod32
    av = nod32
    anti-spam = ?

hmm, i dont know if im more nervous for nod users that the firewall is made by eset or not, we shall see :)

6. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

So NOD32 v3 has thier own firewall.....
    Very curious what that is leading to

7. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I wonder if there is a behaviour blocker like KAV PDMs or not? KAV/ KIS has a clear edge here.

8. Abeltje

Abeltje Registered Member

I'd rather see them keep having the best heuristics than adding behavior blocker. This would require user input which is prone to errors. One of the greatest advantages of NOD right now for me is you can set it up for basically everyone and it will just do it job silently in the background. Explain to some computer novice how to make decisions when those popups appear - it's just a gamble. And even for myself I wouldn't say I would always know whether to block / allow although I'm surely not a beginner when it comes to computers.

9. VikingStorm

VikingStorm Registered Member

The weakness of heuristics is that:
    1. It can be pre-tested and defeated, by simply modifying the malware until it passes undetected
    2. The line between malware and legitimate software is increasingly blurred

There's nothing wrong with having a behavior blocker, and turning it off for non-techies. However, with the advent of Vista, I am thinking Eset won't bother with a behavior blocker. It seems Kaspersky already dropped most of its pro-active detection functions in Vista (I'm assuming since users will get two warnings, one from KAV and UAC for cross-over detections; unless of course they just haven't figured out how to do most of the behavior blocking in Vista yet).

10. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Well, whatever they have created, I am sure we will be talking about if for awhile. It makes sense to outsource the antispam portion, and devote your time to the true security modules. Just hope their servers are ready for the hammer they will take at the start of the month.:)

11. fosius

fosius Registered Member

Look at www.viry.cz you'll find there two niceeee screenshots of new Eset Smart Security :D ;)

12. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

Thank you for the link, looks quite "pretty" lol

13. rothko

rothko Registered Member

yeah, looks good. less "character" than the current NOD32, but I guess it will also mean less "it's too complicated!" comments.

From looking (maybe too) closely at the screenshots it looks like that is 'Standard Mode', so maybe there is an "Advanced Mode" that might NODify it a bit. Plus there is an 'Appearance' drop-down at the top, so more tweaking potential there. Still, it's not so much how it looks as how it performs....and things can only get better!

14. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

i must admit, the screeshots look good.

one concern, well ... one little niggle which ive had with nod is the damn settings and profiles, i think, these will be fixed with the suite, so its all looking promising for users.

15. trjam

trjam Registered Member

True but I also hope that Blackspears will be offering some "tweaks" of his own to enhance it even more.:)

16. lodore

lodore Registered Member

im sure there will be all the advanced stuff from the currect version in the new version.
    but i dont really like the profiles in 2.7 eiether.
    the gui is quite nice thou i hope it doesnt slow the computer down to have that gui thou.
    the setup button should have any the configaration settings.
    hopefully 3.0 wont put off newbies as much since it will be easy for them to use
    lodore

17. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

I can't wait to try this out. I have a new computer, router, and wireless adapter, and STILL get internet interruptions from time to time with KIS 6.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.