Nod32 Smart Scan Hangs

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Vargus, Sep 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vargus

Vargus Registered Member

Hi,
    Have been a long time registered user of Nod32 Anti-virus on a 32-bit XP machine. Recently, I downloaded the trial version of Anti-Virus 4 v4.2.71.2 64-bit an installed it on a new Win 7 laptop.

No problems with install or with start-up scan. However, when I do a Smart Scan, it hangs at 70% on C:\Program Data\Wild Tangent\Games (OEM). Everything is normal to that point.

So far, I've been unable to pause, stop or exit the program in the normal manner, after the hang. Even though the program does leave the screen when I hit the exit button at the upper right corner of the program window, the small icon on the right side of the task bar indicates that a scan is still " In Progress".

The only way I can get things back to a full stop is to restart the OS. There are probably other ways to accomplish this, but I'm new to Win 7 64-bit an not totally up to speed yet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Does excluding the folder in question actually make a difference? What's the total size of files in that folder?

3. Vargus

Vargus Registered Member

Thanks for the response. Haven't tried to exclude the folder, yet. Didn't know I could. Never had an issue of any kind with Nod32 before.

The Wild Tangent folder is 8.28 MB.

4. NoobStick

NoobStick Guest

Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  5. Vargus

Vargus Registered Member

I removed C:\Program Files\WildTangent from the files to be scanned, since I couldn't find the ProgramData The resulting scan Hung at the same location.

Seems that C:\ProgramData is a hidden file. I optioned all folders to view Hidden Files and found it right away. It's very large @ 2.15 GB. Have now removed C:\ProgramData\Wild Tangent, from the scan and am running another.

Thank you for your interest and I will post the result of the latest scan.

UPDATE: Ran another scan and while it did get past the ProgramData\WildTangent\GamesInstalled, it Hung at C:\ProgramData\Users with another Wild Tqngent file contained in that Sub Directory.

Am going to remove the WT software and see if I can get through a scan without a Hang.

I'll post the results. Thanks for the help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.