NOD32 slows folder browsing and open file dialogue boxes

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by ykaeric, Sep 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

DJ BIS, Can you tell us a little more about the computer on which you are running NOD32, such as the processor speed, amount of memory, size of hard disk drive, amount of free space on it and the versions of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Outlook and iTunes? Also, if there is a particular brand and model associated with the computer, knowing that might help with the troubleshooting process.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

2. DJ BIS

DJ BIS Registered Member

Thank you. The problem continues but I seem to have found a troublesome piece of the puzzle. Outlook "stalls" on and off and you can hear the machine (Hard Drive?) processing as soon as it locks up. A soon as the HD noise stops Outlook works again for just a few seconds, then a few seconds of processing begin and so on in a never ending cycle...

The troublesome piece that NOD32 does not like is:http://popfile.sourceforge.net/ POPFile which has been doing a great job of sorting spam out of Outlook (I recommend it!), but now after changing to NOD32 it seems that it is causing the "stalling" effect. I shut it down and launched both POPfile and outlook again and it seems that the stalling went away. You can still hear the processing go on and off but it does not stop you from continuing your work.

The machine is a Dell Precision 670. Currently it runs on a single Xeon 2.8GHZ processor, 3GB of memory, Windows XP fully updated. Several hard discs are in place but only two of them are used heavily:

C: 70G 15,000RPM / 40.3G Free
    X: 500G Working file drive / 386G Free

Two additional discs are for back-up purposes only and do not see everyday use:

Y: and Z: both of which are 500GB drives.

Outlook 2002 SP3 is what I have running as a mail client with POPfile spam protection ( http://popfile.sourceforge.net/ ) running in the background and sorting all the spam before it reaches Outlook.

Note: I have noticed that even when I close Outlook, it does not dissapear from the processes list.

I have one network drive mapped from another computer in the room, via Gigabit speed hardwired ethernet (no wireless).

Other non-essential info:

Sometimes the nVIDIA display driver for the Quadro FX 3450/4000 SDI gives me some trouble, but updated drivers do not seem to help video related issues.

I would like to find what can be done so that POPFile does not continue to have issues with NOD32. Thank you!

3. DJ BIS

DJ BIS Registered Member

NOD32 also seems to have some trouble updating. Often it comes back asking to get the full version, when in fact I have just purchased and registered 3 copies. Sometimes it looks as if its updating, but it does not actually update ones its done downloading.

4. DJ BIS

DJ BIS Registered Member

Help anyone?

NOD32 is telling me that its "Trial Period" has expired! Whaaa?

I am getting kinda frustrated with the whole NOD32 experience. :mad:

5. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Should be easily fixed.

Freshly download the full version of NOD32 for your operating system from here.
    Uninstall your current trial version.
    Install the freshly downloaded full version, configuring as per your requirements.

HTH

Cheers :)

6. DJ BIS

DJ BIS Registered Member

Thank you, I'll report back if I have trouble.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.