NOD32 Settings

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Kielty, May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kielty

Kielty Registered Member

I have a question re Blackspears extra settings. Is there any advantage over using the 'execution of an external application' and the relevant switches when setting up a weekly scan over using the on demand scanner and the 'control centre profile' which was set up to scan everything configured earlier in the process?

Thanks.

2. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

At the present time the answer would be no I beleive. This used to be an advantage in earlier versions as the command line settings were the only way to enable Advanced Heuristics during a scan. That option is available without the command line setting now. I may be wrong and there is another setting but I am pretty sure you can get the same level with profile options that you can with the command line settings.

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Kielty, it simply has Nod32 scan automatically at a set time, basically, set and forget for what can be done manually.

I have just set up a daily scan for a client that does P2P and wanted to be certain his system is clean daily. It will run for him while he sleeps and leave the Nod32 screen up with scan results. Using the switches will run a "silent scan" without any prompts, unlike the "Indepth analysis" which will prompt for action.

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

4. Kielty

Kielty Registered Member

Thanks Guys for the info. I presume if there are any future updates and the switches change or new switches get added that Blackspear will enlighten everyone!

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I will indeed, as they are pointed out to me I will update.

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.