Nod32 Security Suite v3.0 Screenshots from cebit

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 v3 Beta Forum' started by bamboom, Jun 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

Wait a minute... Why would people spend money on a license because a beta is supposed to be released today? Don't most AV companies provide beta users with a beta key?

2. ashishtx

ashishtx Registered Member

Well said, Namor :D

3. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

Because ESET offers free upgrades to anyone using a valid key. If version 3 is more expensive wouldn't it make sense to buy v2 before v3 is released and then just uograde?

4. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

But why buy the new key right now, especially right at the beginning launch of a beta. Who knows how long it will be in beta for? Why not wait until the final release is closer?

5. n8chavez

Exactly, one never knows how long something will be in beta. It cuold be one day, a week, a month, or even a year. Why not get it now. Version 2 is goin to be the same amount today as it will be tomorrow. Plus, I had the cash now. I can't say that would have been the case later.

6. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Enough people, that is it. The point is made, continue it and risk having this entire thread cleaned up to the point, your meaning is lost. Be smart.

7. n8chavez

trjam- You must post just so the sake of posting to get your total up. Most of the time your say absolutely nothing, nothing of value anyway. You must just love to read your own words. Sometimes I think people don't use their brains here. We have a responsibility to complain; if not then ESET (or company x) will htink it's okay to treat their customers like this and not have to deal with the repercussions.

8. trjam

trjam Registered Member

gee, if beans were smarter then stalks. Mods, have your will, it really is ashame, that no one, including Eset, deserves to be bashed into the ground. Of course, unless you figure that is the easiest way to stop it. Yep, I never know what I am talking about. Son, if you only knew.:shifty:

9. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

Well why not at least wait until the beta is actually released (actually available for download) then buy the license, instead of buying it according to the projected date?

10. n8chavez

I could have. That might have been more practical. But I was having issues with Dr Web that I was getting sick of and, like I said, I had the money. Plus, you're talking about a difference of one day, or so I thought.

11. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Ladies and Gentlemen, enough of the personal banter.

Blackspear.

12. ashishtx

ashishtx Registered Member

I shouldn't say this but everyone is showing their frustration in one form or another for not getting beta in time :'(

13. stueycaster

stueycaster Registered Member

Eset has removed the Beta link from the website sometime within the last hour. I guess this means our beta won't be available soon. It looks to me like they're great software writers but terrible business men. This is very irresponsible of them.

I'm not going to switch to another A/V because I like Nod32 a lot but I'm really disappointed.

14. trjam

trjam Registered Member

15. jmc777

jmc777 Registered Member

Maybe they're making some changes in preparation for the v3 beta release.

The beta will be here soon.....I can smell it! :thumb:

16. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

I have exactly the same opinion and will do the same thing...

But they will not count with my "devotion" for to much long time, if they continues with this kind of support... :thumbd:

17. stueycaster

stueycaster Registered Member

I'm sorry. I have never been on that part of their site. I have always gone to the eset.com site. I stand corrected.

18. eric_259

eric_259 Registered Member

Wrong, ESET made a post specifically to that. They said that if you are using a NOD32 2.7 key, the 2.7 key will be the same format on 3.0, so if your 2.7 key is about to expire and you renew it, you will have no problems on 3.0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.