Nod32 Security Suite v3.0 Screenshots from cebit

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 v3 Beta Forum' started by bamboom, Jun 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ISSB

ISSB Registered Member

Are there any news about the release date?

Hi All,

I am new to the Forums, and as you can see from my signature I am a fan of security suites products as I believe the future of the Internet Security belongs to this category of programs.

Anyway, do you have any updates on the release date or new screenshots of Eset Security Suite?

I really wonder what Eset guys will manage to do with this suite just because it looks like currently all present security suites are far from perfect.

2. pykko

pykko Registered Member

Re: Are there any news about the release date?

the new thing about this security suite will be that all its modules will be linked and cooperate in a certain manner to increase the heuristic detection.
    About the release date...perhaps in September or Octombre and I'm talking about a beta.

3. ISSB

ISSB Registered Member

Re: Are there any news about the release date?

I wonder how they do this, for example how do they link personal firewall with the antivirus. The obvious assumption is to scan each application that tries to establish a connection and/or to open a port.

However, what I am really curious of is a way they create their firewall. So did they license it from another vendor or creating their own?

I mean there are some respected firewall vendors and I wonder what will Eset firewall be like. I still remember that Kasperksy get very negative feedback with the first version of Anti-Hacker...

4. tempnexus

tempnexus Registered Member

Agnitum outpost allready does that. It liks it's firewall with the Anti-spyware module, so whenever a proggy or a modified proggy (changed .exe or added component like .dll) requests access to the network, then the proggy and it's component is scanned via the AS. If spyware is found, the "request box" will have read writing on it actually detailing what spyware has infected the system. So here you have an example of Firewall being integrated with Anti-spyware.

5. ISSB

ISSB Registered Member

Yes, I know Outpost Firewall and no question that this product is one of the best out there. However I wonder if Eset will be able to achieve something similar.

I mean software firewalls exists for more than 5 years (and even more if you consider such "veterans" AtGuard and Conseal) and firewall features have already been extended to more than just a packet filter.

For me, firewall is the most important part of the security suites and that's why I rate Zone Alarm Internet Security as the best suites available. However I am looking forward to see if Eset will be able to bring something interesting.

6. The Nodder

The Nodder Registered Member

Outpost & NOD32, what a combination that'll be in one suite but I doubt if will be that, I guess Eset will have a firewall of their own.

On their own those two is some combo, I've never had any problems with either.

7. Spyderz

Spyderz Registered Member

im also eagerly watching out for the nod32 firewall
    i might not be renewing the outpost firewall since outpost 4.0 is kinda crap
    now i will stick to outpost 3.51

8. ISSB

ISSB Registered Member

Wow, it is interesting opinion about the product already considered by many people around the world as the best firewall in history.

But I think you have some reasons to pretend it is a "crap", don't you?

I heard some people on Outpost forums experienced some issues like freezing and BSODs with certain applications (McAfee, Webroot), do you have the same?

9. blaine

blaine Registered Member

God, are we ever going to know anything more about version 3? :mad:

10. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

When it is ready and not before. Version 2.5 works perfectly well, and v2.7 is on its way ;) :D

Cheers :D

11. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Very well said , BS ! ;) :thumb: :thumb:

12. ankupan

ankupan Registered Member

Hi,

Today I saw this thread, its amazing for me to see a complete security suite from NOD32.

I read that it was coming in middle of 2006.

Now 2007, any idea, when it is coming ?

13. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Don't wait for it , there is still time . ESET want it perfect and that's why it is not pushed soon . Another reason is that they now have another stuff to do - the new v 2.7 , its auto update from all the clients all over the world , and Windows Vista's support and integration with v 2.7 . I know a date for v3 and the suite but it is quite unofficial and should in no way be commented :thumb:

14. Lollan

Lollan Registered Member

I'm completely content with 2.xx so I'm definitely not in a rush to see the new version! Although, I am ready to see Eset dominate the consumer market with verson 3.0! Their time is coming!

15. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

I guess you don't remember the Cebit 2006 "promise." I wonder if that is on purpose. How are users whose licenses are going to expire supposed to make a decision on NOD32 when there's no information on the version they'll be using? Everyone asks for too much faith. Makes you think, doesn't it?....or just fall in line with the rest of the lemmings.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2007
  16. mata7

mata7 Registered Member

i like this AV and i brought a extend year cause i use on my HTPC because is light "and thas the only reason", but man in my opinion this company is a litter irresponsible in this kind aspect, cebit 2006 was almost a year ago, since then eset never provide any info to the people that make the company stay in business the costumer, incredibly all info on cebit but no for us, we have to search over the net to found any kind of info if we lucky, i think they doing this so they don't have to work on a frame of time, so they use "is ready went is ready" great tactic they can sit back and relax no rush no problems, take a look and see that almost all oder AV Company release 2007 products, i brought my first nod32 licenses on 2005 and is 2007 and i fell like the first day that purchase my licenses nothin new, oh Right the release 2.7 big deal

anyway my English is not that good and i can even say the Right words that i want say, and again is my opinion

17. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Read this

ESET released version 2.7 , which is improvement over the previous versions . It is real 2007 product because it can effectlive protect its users of 2007 threats . Detects all kind of threats + the new generation malware (rootkit) + you have the best possible heuristics :thumb:
    NOD32 2.7 is really effective products , in my opinion

18. ankupan

ankupan Registered Member

But users need more than this

and that is Security Suite :D :D :D

19. mata7

mata7 Registered Member

no info from eset anything can happen, as you say, you don't work for eset so thats no the info that am looking for, but thanks

Right

20. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I just wanted to say why in my opinion there is no public news available . No matter , you are welcome ;)

21. gamersmile

gamersmile Registered Member

Good! Nice to hear it
    I love the simple but effective NOD32!

22. gamersmile

gamersmile Registered Member

Thanks for your post, HiTech_boy :)
    Actually nothing is perfect in this world.

I don't mean to debate with you, but I've heard similar comments when some ThinkPad fans were talking about the "perfect" classic IBM ThinkPad laptops. I personally don't think there's perfect anything in this imperfect world.

Yes, I admit NOD32 v2.X is small in size and seldom causes lag to the system; but the control panel of NOD32 is not so user-friendly (compare to Kaspersky, McAfee or even Norton). Some new user of NOD32 might be refrained from learning a little more about the light-weight AV program.

So in my opinion, it is not important whether to include software firewall in NOD32 V3. THE most urgent business for ESET is to bring out a MORE USER-FRIENDLY CONTROL CENTER.

Any comment is welcome.

23. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

Hmm.. I think the interface in NOD is quite user friendly. No huge gaps between buttons, no unnecessary "flashing" graphics..
    Granted, it takes slightly longer to figure out where all the bits & pieces are, but once you know you way around it's fast & efficient.

And if you don't know what a certain feature does, you can always hit F1 :)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2007
  24. ASpace

ASpace Guest

That is what I really like in NOD32 , it is really flexible when it comes to settings

25. rothko

rothko Registered Member

be nice if there was a NOD32 2.x skin available for v3.0 :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.