NOD32 screwing up my Zip drive

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Just visiting, Dec 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Folks,

Recently upgraded from Millennium to XP Pro. Also installed the XP version of NOD32. Almost everything on my machine survived the transistion except for my poor old Zip 100 parallel port drive.

For a while after bootup the Zip can be accessed in normal fashion. Then, later, for no apparent reason, an access attempt results in a long delay and ends with the drive thinking there is no disk in it. Manually ejecting the disk and reinserting it allows normal access again . . . but only for a while. Exchanged several emails with the Iomega support folks, but their recommendations did nothing for me.

On a hunch I disabled NOD32 and found that doing so cures the Zip drive problem, but obviously running without my favorite AV product is not desirable.

Any suggestions out there?

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

With this issue can you please send an email to support@nod32.com and place a link to this thread. If you do not hear from Eset within 3 days (allows for weekends), please advise us here...

We would appreciate if you could keep us in the loop with your progress, as we all learn this way…

Cheers :D

3. Oops. False alarm. My bad

I was too quick on the trigger finger. NOD32 was NOT causing the problem with my Zip drive. Still don't know what's messing with the Zip, but my virus protection is turned back on now. Sorry for the premature post.

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Re: Oops. False alarm. My bad

No worries, any time ;) :D

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.