NOD32 Scheduler Not Very Precise

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by NewNOD, Dec 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewNOD

NewNOD Guest

Just out of curiosity, why would the NOD32 scheduler have a delay of more than a minute in some cases?

This is not a big deal, really. But for a while, I had been launching VBScript I wrote with Windows scheduler. Since the script is related to NOD32, I thought I'd try to launch it from within NOD. That's when I noticed how imprecise the NOD scheduler was.

- When launching external apps, launch delay was consistantly 47+ seconds beyond the scheduled launch time

- When launching a scheduled scan, scan launch ranged anywhere from 23 - 45+ seconds beyond scheduled launch.

FYI - when launching an external app, I found that you have to include a working directory (which is usually an opptional thing).

Like I said, just curious.

2. anotherjack

anotherjack Registered Member

I've actually noticed the same behaviour just using Win2K's scheduler. I also have a VBscript that kills and restarts two services at 2:00AM, and it logs anywhere between 2:00:00 and 2:00:23. Never really got too worried about it - I mean, we're not launching a space probe or anything... ;-) I agree that it would be nice to have it a bit more precise so that I could schedule things a bit tighter than at ten minute intervals (just to make sure).

3. NewNOD

NewNOD Guest

anotherjack wrote:
    I know, that's why I said it didn't really matter. :)

Had Windows Task Scheduler exhibited the same behavior (i.e. launch delays), I would have assumed that the behavior was typical. But here (contrary to your experience), Windows Task Scheduler launches exactly as scheduled (no delay that I can measure easily) as do third-party schedulers (freeware) that I've used.

So, I thought it was a NOD thing.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.