NOD32 scanning filetypes I have excluded?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by quexx88, Mar 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quexx88

quexx88 Registered Member

In IMON, I have the "reccomended" filetypes set to be scanned. This excludes things like .gifs, .jpegs, .pngs, .bmps, and the like. However, they still show up as scanned in the IMON window, and every now and then I catch a glimpse of the little IMON downloading box as image files are being loaded. Why is this?

And as a preemptive bit of info, I have reinstalled NOD32, tried without Outpost firewall running, played around with my setup, etc.

This also seems to happen with AMON, specifically scanning BOC412.exe when it's running, even though it is in my exclusion list.

What's the deal? o_O

2. nameless

nameless Registered Member

These are two separate issues. I have noticed the same thing with IMON--even with default extensions specified, I see non-specified extensions being scanned (such as JPG).

The BOClean issue is mentioned here. Basically, you need to add the BOC412.EXE file in both LFN and SFN format, due to a design flaw in NOD32.

For example, add the following two lines for exclusion:

C:\Program Files\NSClean\BOClean\BOC412.EXE
    c:\progra~1\nsclean\boclean\boc412.exe

3. quexx88

quexx88 Registered Member

Thanks for that, now it isn't scanning BOclean anymore. I had no idea these two issues are unrelated.

Anyone have any ideas for fixing the IMON issue?

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If you exclude certain extensions from scanning in the IMON setup, such files will still go through IMON but they won't be checked for viruses. Anyway, this is risky in my opinion because today there are plenty of Trojans hiding in jpg and other harmless looking files which may seem redundant to scan to normal users.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.