Nod32 scanner can not delete the files

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by marfa, May 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marfa

marfa Registered Member

Good afternoon from Spain,

I have a question about the results that Nod32 Scanner is giving with respect to two files. The message is the following:

"C:\Documents and Settings\Marcos\Datos de programa\Thunderbird\Profiles\default.fzw\Mail\mail.ono.com\Inbox »MIME »part000.txt »MIME »part000.txt »MIME »part000.htm - HTML/Phishing.gen trojan - quarantined - Error updating the parent archive - Deleting has not been carried out"

Always I launch the Nod32 scanner, it is doing the same: nothing, imposible to delete them. The second message is exactly the same.

I am using the latest version, 2.50.

Please, if someone knows the reason of this and if it is really a threat, I would appreciate to get it.

Thanks in advance,

2. fosius

fosius Registered Member

I am not sure, but the trojan is in Inbox (what is archive) and NOD32 cannot clean, delete, rename any file when it is in archive, except you use MS OUTLOOK or another MAPI mail program...

3. alglove

alglove Registered Member

The HTML/phishing.gen trojan is really just a "phishing" e-mail that tries to fool into logging into a fake bank or eBay account, so that the people can steal your passwords ( http://www.nod32.com/pedia/trojan/phishscam.htm ). NOD32 can intercept and remove this when you are downloading your e-mail from your ISP's POP3 mail server. However, if it has already been downloaded and is sitting in your Thunderbird mailbox, NOD32 cannot remove it, since it cannot delete individual e-mail messages from your Thunderbird e-mail folders.

In this case, you will have to manually find and delete the e-mail message yourself. Just do not click on any of the links or fill in any data when you do so.

4. marfa

marfa Registered Member

Thanks for your help. I will follow your suggestions to remove the threat.

Big men,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.