NOD32 Rescue Disc on Win7 x64

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by enduser999, May 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enduser999

enduser999 Registered Member

I followed the instructions here http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2482 and it appears that if one wants to keep this rescue CD up to date that one has to recreate it since the updates appear to be updated from the client computer. One can apparently update it from the web but that requires inputting your NOD32 Username and password each time. Is there no way of hard coding the NOD32 Username and password when creating the rescue disc?

Last edited: May 29, 2011
  2. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

Did you enter your username and password into the profile as seen in the screenshot for step 5 in the KB Article you listed?

3. syntax

syntax Registered Member

I'm not sure if it has changed since the last time I created a bootable rescue CD, but mine allows me to input my credentials after I'm fully booted from the CD. I input my credentials in the same manner as the standard NOD32 client. However, note that the boot CD will contain drivers for network cards that are included with (in your case) Windows 7 x64. It will also contain any additional drivers that you loaded while creating the boot CD. If your boot CD does not contain the proper driver for the network interface card in the computer that you wish to scan, the update method I mentioned above will fail to work.

There is one other method that may work, but I don't think it respect ESET's design of the update process. That said, I can provide to you more information regarding this method I've found via PM, but I will not reveal this information in the public to respect ESET's design and intellectual property. Just shoot me a PM if you'd like more information and be sure to reference this forum thread to jog my memory regarding this subject.

4. enduser999

enduser999 Registered Member

I redid the CD creation and this time entered my credentials. Thanks. Did it seem to take a rather long time for the application to boot? I got a simulated DOS prompt on the screen and it seemed to sit there for a rather long time before the GUI showed up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.