nod32 renewal

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Raouldufy, Apr 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raouldufy

Raouldufy Registered Member

I have just tried to renew my nod 32 and have been confronted with a screen requesting my home address and telephone number before I can purchase.There does not seem to be an opt out to avoid telemarketing to third partys or to be contacted direct.
    Is this the case or am I missing something?
    If it is the case, a bit of uninstalling will follow.

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

You did not mention which country you are in or are trying to purchase a renewal from, but as I understand it, in the United States this information is required by credit card processing companies handling Internet orders to prevent fraud.

Since you have already purchased the software, though, ESET should already have your shipping address, email address and telephone number on file. If you would like to call their office toll-free at +1 (866) 343-3738 and ask for sales, a representative should be able to process the order without you having to type anything into a web form. You can also ask them what their privacy policy is and how your personal data is (or is not) used.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. Raouldufy

I’m from the UK.
    I don’t have a problem with giving address and phone details. Its the lack of an opt out from that information being shared with third parties that I am concerned with.

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

I found the privacy policy for ESET UK's web site here. If that does not address your concerns, I would suggest calling their office at +44 (0800) 138 0802 during business hours and asking for further information about how the information is used.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

5. Raouldufy

Thanks for the reply.
    Reading the privacy policy does not fill me with hope.
    I will take your advice and ring the number and see what happens.
    A box to tick would be a lot easier!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.