nod32 removal?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by montyq, May 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. montyq

montyq Registered Member

need 2 ask this question? Is thier an uninstaller for nod32 2.7.0?? I uninstalled nod & am left with a file nodshex.dll, which I'd like to remove. Save going to the registry.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

There is no uninstaller because NOD32 install/uninstalls fairly easy with no problems . What you see is probably a registry key.To remove that registry key , open Start->Run->type regedit.exe and press ENTER

Carefully navigate to HKey_Local machine - Software - Microsoft - Windows -Current version - Shell extensions - Approved

You'll see it there , you can right click on it and delete it (be careful) and later close the Reistry Editor.

If you are present with just the DLL file , you can delete it manually from C:\Rrogram files\eset\nodshex.dll

3. montyq

montyq Registered Member

hi-tech
    did try to manually delete file would not let me do so. so registry Is the only wayo_O

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Most likely not everything is removed . Do a repair installation of NOD32 Anti-Virus which will fix possible errors , then uninstall it and everything should be OK.

1) Download a fresh copy of NOD32 v 2.7 for your correct operating system
    Trial version
    Full paid version

2) Install NOD32 from the file you just downloaded in step 1
    Use Typical settings

3) Reboot

4) Goto Start->Settings->Control Panel->Add/Remove programs
    Find NOD32 and uninstall it . Reboot when prompt so

5. montyq

montyq Registered Member

hey tech-boy!!! sorry did'nt reply sooner. I was thinking If that suggestion would work. I'll try that & let u know.

6. montyq

montyq Registered Member

tech-boy >>> followed your advice. the dll. file went with the uninstall. Much obliged

7. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are welcome !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.