Nod32 Remote Installation Proccedure?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Dakhor, Jan 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dakhor

Dakhor Registered Member

My question is how to install Nod32 from outside the LAN. Is it possible to do so with the Admin version or do I require a "NOD32 Remote Administrator Server"?

I have some ppl out on the field with laptops and as we dont handle high security information we dont have any VPN setups. But id like to be able to get these latops to install Nod32 without going through the hassle of sending files to them etc. Just like its easilly done through LAN with the admin mirror on a server. Ie something simmilar to “\\SERVERNAME\path\NOD32\NT\setup.exe /silentmode /reboot /cfg=\\SERVERNAME\path\NOD32\config.xml”

I saw that there is a option to "enable access to files via HTTP protocol" in the admin version options. I enabled that - port mapped the port on the router and experimented a bit with it but could not get it to work.

Anyone?

/DaK/

Last edited: Jan 18, 2005
  2. Dakhor

Dakhor Registered Member

Nobody?

/DaK/

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Someone will come along, in the meantime you can send an email to support@nod32.com with a link to this thread.

Cheers :D

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Remote installation of NOD can only be accomplished via RA. The role of the admin version of NOD32 is to create a local mirror with update files. In order to install NOD32 remotely via RA, the following conditions must be fulfilled:
    - use a correct admin up
    - ability to establish an IPC connection
    - the remote registry service is started on the target computers
    - if there's a firewall inbetween, ports 2222 and 2223 must be open for communication
    - in the case of WinXP, simple file sharing must be disabled

5. Dakhor

Dakhor Registered Member

Oh im sorry I didnt mean Remote installation - but rather installing Nod32 on computer "A" with files ( config file etc ) from computer "B" through the web with a command ( LAN was very easy ).

Its not that big a deal -- now I just rar the mirror on the admin server with the config file I want and send it to the laptop of my employee with a readme file on how to proceed.

But for some even this is almost impossible to do.

Id love to mess arround with that RA, but I have work to do aswell :)

/DaK/

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Perhaps you could try creating an xml config. file with the desired settings named nod32.xml and putting it to the NOD32 installation directory. If you run setup.exe the settings will subsequently be used for the installation.

7. Dakhor

Dakhor Registered Member

Ahhh so no need for “c:\path\NOD32\NT\setup.exe /silentmode /reboot /cfg=c:\path\NOD32\config.xml”

I will try that out at ONCE... Thanx Marcos !!!

/DaK/

8. anotherjack

anotherjack Registered Member

Dakhor - The string you mentioned above is what we use to be able to reference multiple .XML files depending on the configuration we want to load, where config.xml could be one of many configuration files that we use. More suitable for a corporate network environment than "onesy-twosie" installs.

Jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.