NOD32, registry, Prevx1 and/or other apps?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by SG1, Jul 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SG1

SG1 Registered Member

Re problem with Prevx1: support at this co. asked me if I were running NOD32 as an AV, and then said that with NOD32 that they "...have found some issues today around components of this which blocks runkeys."

This was to do with part of their progam, the Console not appearing in the Systray as it should. (They also said they found other problems with Console, and would fix it in next release and meantime I could insert a line in the registry that may force Console to start up, but the other half of the app, Agent, does show as a process.

So... does NOD32 intervene with other security apps re the registry, in any fashion? Seems odd that it would, I'm guessing. (Strangely, I did have the Console running for a while, with a prior install), so as to NOD32 sticking its oars in the registry, messing with another app sounds unlikely, wouldn't you think?

Thanks for any thoughts on this, SG1 (Pat)

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

This doesn't sound right at all Pat, and I have never experienced it in 4 years of installing NOD32 on hundreds and hundreds of machines.

Cheers :D

3. KaneComputing

KaneComputing Registered Member

Just as a note: I have been running NOD32 and Prevx1 side by side for some time now and have not had any interoperability issues. NOD32 has worked well along side most security software I've tested/used.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.