NOD32 Reduced Pricing?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Fyle, Jan 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fyle

Fyle Registered Member

From my original post over at DSLReports.com:

"I decided to go with another year of NOD32. It's fast, I've never had a virus with it, and it just works. The only thing still bugging me is how, whenever NOD32 finds something infected or a malicious file, it just about NEVER is able to do anything about it. It always says it can't quarantine it.. or it can't delete it. It got me wondering what I have it installed for in the first place.. it finds dangerous files, but can't do anything to them. Sorta pointless, eh? In one way or another, I still always managed to neutralize the threat, so it's not a huge problem. I would like it to be able to actually delete or quarantine the dangerous files. Even so, I've never been infected with it installed, and I guess that's what's most important with A/V software. Real-world protection.
    Anyway.. since I'm a student, and a one-year license for their A/V product is 40 bucks.. I was wondering if NOD32 offers reduced prices for students? Would anybody around here happen to know?

TIA"

2. mufster

mufster Guest

It's cheaper here. $29

Hope this helps.

3. mufster

mufster Guest

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Fyle

Welcome to Wilders.

Send your question to sales@nod32.com.

5. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

It's even cheaper here 1 year $23,40, 2 year's $42,90. :)

6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

7. Eset USA

Eset USA Guest

Hi Fyle,

Eset offers discounts to students. Please, email Eset at sales@eset.us for academic pricing.

8. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

those are renewal prices.... I think the OP wanted new licence pricing.

9. webyourbusiness

10. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

11. Fyle

Fyle Registered Member

Actually.. I *WOULD* be a returning customer :). I had NOD32 on my system for 2004, and I want it back for 2005. My license ran out on January 5th 2005. Can I still renew? I mean.. since it's January 14th now :)

12. Fyle

Fyle Registered Member

I just bought a 1 year renewal from here: http://www.nod32-av.com/purchase/purchase.htm

Thanks to for sending me that link ;). Cheapest one of the bunch. I paid through PayPal and received a confirmation email. I'm still wondering why I was not asked for my old username and code for NOD32. Wouldn't that be logical if I'm buying a renewal? Otherwise, ANYONE could buy NOD32 at the renewal price, rather than at the new copy price. I'm confused now. :/
    Maybe NOD32 Sales will contact me and ask me about the old username/pw.

Thanks all ;)

13. webyourbusiness

you're right - sorry I didn't read it correctly...

all license renewals are cheaper than first time purchases, so the $23.40 per single license renewals are the same whichever reseller you purchase a single renewal from I think... there MIGHT be a reseller discounting, but Eset really discourage the practice, so it might be a long hunt...

Even we (NOD32USA.com) don't discount renewals....

14. webyourbusiness

o_O $23.40 is retail pricing for a 1 year renewal...

You should have been asked for your code to renew - we ask for them when renewals are purchased, and we have to provide them to Eset when your order is electronically submitted to their system... I'm not sure WHY you were not asked for it, but you should have been I think.

regards

Greg Hewitt-Long

15. webyourbusiness

Just a general e-commerce question - was paypal payment a PLUS for you? It looks like it was the ONLY option on the site you purchased from - would it have been ok to have just had paypal as an option, or is it a preferred option for you?

cheers

Greg Hewitt-Long

16. muf

muf Registered Member

Yeah your right, sorry. I just about ckufed(anagram) it up totally didn't i? Should slow down, read the full page and then post. Oh well, at the least Fyle got sorted which is the most important thing. :D

muf

17. jayt

jayt Registered Member

I checked out that site also, but chose not to order from it since, even if you use a credit card it goes through PayPal. There have been some real problems with Pay Pal recently -freezing of customer accounts, etc. I realize that some places such as eBay only uses Pay Pal, but they have a quarantee on their site. I prefer NOT to use Pay Pal.

18. lynchknot

lynchknot Registered Member

- I noticed the same thing. I had to use an online scanner to clean my PC.

19. rumpstah

rumpstah Registered Member

Some clarification may be in order. If a business uses PayPal that does not mean one needs a PayPal account (or to use that account). It is a processor just like any other business offering the same services. It is up to the purchaser if they want to use their PayPal logon (on that site) for purchasing (PayPal balance, Checking Account balance or just their Credit Card) or just a Credit Card (when the business has a PayPal Business account a.k.a. Premier).

20. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

There have been various "pricing " posts over the time here

As I understand it NOD set a base price and the reseller can choose to take less profit in the hope of attracting more customers

I would though ask "ALL resellers not to use these forums to start a price war as that doesn't benefit anybody

21. iNsuRRecTioN

iNsuRRecTioN Registered Member

Hi there,

for german users paypal is very good for online transactions all over the world especially in America/USA.

I have bought things over Ebay in USA and have no problems with PayPal ever.

If you don't have a credic card and want to pay/buy something in e.g. USA, PayPal is a very good solution, because you can transfer money from you local bank to Paypal for free and then you can pay/buy with that Paypal account what you want.

So its very good that this NOD32 reseller support PayPal, but it isn't so good, that Paypal is the only pay method.

But as I know, you can pay/buy with credic card over PayPal, without joining Paypal/without creating an account at PayPal..(only with CC)

thx and best regards,

iNsuRRecTiON

22. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

There are several ways of knowing you are a customer of Eset:

1) Your actual name.

2) Your Email address

3) Your Nod32 Username

Any or all of the above is sufficient.

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.