NOD32 Reassurance

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by reg56, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reg56

reg56 Registered Member

Hi Guys,

I'm just looking for a bit of reassurance.

If NOD32 (IMON) detected a threat and I clicked terminate, will it have gone forever and not be installed on my PC??

I'm only asking because in the threat log, the action field is empty...

Am I panicing about this for nothingo_O! The full scan is coming up with no threats detected now...Is it true that if the full in depth on demand scanner isn't seeing it now, it isn't there??

Many thanks!

R

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

When you click Terminate the connection to the malware is closed, thus stopping the malware from getting on your PC. Your safe.

3. reg56

reg56 Registered Member

Thank you very much...thats great! Its just confusing because the action field is blank on the threat log - is that because it didn't even get in so nothing had to be done to it??

Excuse the stupid questions, I have a computer age of about 2 1/2!

4. WSFuser

I tested NOD32 using eicar and teh action field says connection terminated. Dont know why yours is blank.

5. reg56

reg56 Registered Member

Hmmm...thats strange.

Is it safe to assume though that if the in depth scanner isn't seeing it, then it isn't there? I've done two fullscans and nothing came up at all.

6. WSFuser

You clicked terminate in the alert so it shouldnt be there; dont worry.

7. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

Hi reg56. I've tested NOD32 several times at the eicar site. Each time the NOD warning pops up with the option to terminate. I click terminate, and when I check the log, there is nothing there. I'm no expert, but I take it from there being no log entry, that NOD stopped it before it reached the disk. The experts can correct me if I'm wrong.

8. teampump88

teampump88 Registered Member

Usually from what I've seen it will block that threat by clicking terminate. But I've heard of cases where people have malware still in the machine triggering the AMON/IMON alerts. It might be a good idea to run an indepth analysis, so you really can have that peace of mind...

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.