NOD32 Re-Install Clarification

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by COSMO26, Jul 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. COSMO26

COSMO26 Registered Member

I'm Win Me/Stand-alone/Expertise sometimes Dangerous: When NOD32 Locked in loading and froze at the Logo-Eye staring at me/Re-Boots didn't work I Deleted the application via Control Panel and remembered that Blackspear often mentions going into Explorer C:\ and Deleting (I thought) the NOD32 folder there, too ("Blackspear/Re-install" Search failed to Find his particular posts).
    All is Well now but I had problems associated with Deleting in C:\ ( Deleting the ESET folder expecting it to be correctly Re-built actually forced Restore of deleted ESET folder before New Download would Load) .
    When Re-installing to Combat a Function Issue Is it really Best to Delete something in Explorer, and If YES, what is it? Thanks!

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

The best method when addressing an install issue is to do the following:

Download a FRESH copy of Nod32 from www.nod32.com

Uninstall your current version.

REBOOT :D

Remove the Eset Folder from C Drive> Program Files.

Install the FRESH copy of Nod32 that you downloaded above.

Cheers :D

Last edited: Jul 30, 2005
  3. COSMO26

Thanks,Blackspear, for your Reply. I can only guess that having Deleted the ESET folder Before I downloaded the New caused the app not to load correctly. I've been like the bored Maytag repairman with nothing to do as NOD32 has operated flawlessly for me til this one "loading lock-up". I always enjoy and appreciate your posts and willingness to Help others! Have a Great Day!

4. Blackspear

LOL, and my pleasure...

Cheers ; D

5. akshay_k72

akshay_k72 Registered Member

Hi Blackspear,

Iam at present using a trial version which is expiring on 7th of next month. I will be installing a commercial version after the expiry of the trial version. Is it necessary to remove the Eset folder from the location you mentioned above or just the uninstallation of the trial version is enough? Mind you I have not faced any installtion issues or anyother kind of issue with the trial version. Your advice will be very helpful.

Thanks & Cheers

Akshay. :D

6. Blackspear

Hi Akshay, the above remains my recommendation; for the sake of a few clicks with a mouse you are less likely to have an issue.

7. akshay_k72

akshay_k72 Registered Member

Thanks mate for a quick reply!

Cheers

Akshay.

8. Blackspear

My pleasure.

9. COSMO26

Problem Returned

• This 7/26 post about NOD32 "loading lock-up" (stuck on Green background-ESET Eye screen) occurred again this a.m. after previous Re-Install that worked til today;
    • NOD32 Loading Lock-up had not occurred until I loaded new CyberPower UPS Mgt App ( also got daily Blue Screen Error Message that forced Re-boots)
    • Deleted CyberPower App yesterday-Search for CyberPower then showed Nothing-
    • Downloaded new ESET, Control Panel Delete, Delete C:\Program Files\ESET;
    • Fresh NOD32 DOES NOT LOAD when I Delete the ESET folder; Error Message says C:\Program Files\ESET refers to location unavailable-Also got a Shortcut "referring to nod32.exe" Error message re: it changed or moved -
    • After Install Wizard Finished "presumed" Fresh Install ESET Did Not Appear in Start/Programs.
    • When I RESTORE ESET folder from Trash Bin then NOD32 loads.
    • Could Deleting ESET folder in Win Me be a No-No when in XP it may be OK and is Keeping Same ESET folder Retaining the Problem??
    • On premise the Loading Lock-up will happen again, do you have any further suggestions? Sorry for length of info!

10. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Be sure to reboot after uninstalling Nod and deleting the Eset folder. Then give it another go.

11. COSMO26

Ron, as Gomer Pyle would say, Thank ya!, Thank ya!, Thank ya!.
    Re-Boot after the ESET folder Delete and before the New Install is the key and I rarely see that move mentioned. Loaded fine. Will advise if the Loading Lock-up occurs again.

12. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

cosmo,

Thanks and glad to hear all is working.

13. COSMO26

I tried installing the CyberPower UPS software again and the Blue Error screen returned PLUS NOD32 Froze again at the [Green screen with the ESET Eye] on intial Loading. Re-installed NOD32 careful to Delete at Control panel & the ESET folder and then Re-Boot Before Extracting the New Download. Hope any CyberPower UPS users with Win Me will take note & post if you ever have same issues. Doubt CyberPower can fix since Win Me is known to be flaky and is old OS.

14. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

There's no harm in trying, WinMe is not flaky, its just that it is very picky about software and drivers for your hardware. So do try to contact CyberPower on this.

15. alglove

alglove Registered Member

Does the problem continue if you go to AMON --> Miscellaneous --> uncheck "Enable automatic startup of AMON"? (No, I know you do not want to do this permanently, but as a test?) What about checking or unchecking "Load file system monitor dynamically"?

16. COSMO26

Lucked into a 2nd CyberPower tech who knew of Win 98 / Me problems & is sending a serial cable vs. USB used now with suggestion to use software for their 320SL UPS (I have 685AVR) ; This is supposed to be a work-around for what they know is an issue with 98 & Me. I'll install & hope that the NOD32 loading freeze doesn't repeat with the 320SL's software. Thanks to all for your interest. Will advise of success or failure should other 98/Me users have/get CyberPower.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.