Nod32 RC 5 Potentially unwanted applications

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus/Smart Security Beta' started by Dark Shadow, Sep 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

I think there is a bug with the Potentially unwanted application feature in Eset.I Installed Dell dock made by stardock and get potentially unwanted application warning.but these items are left unchecked in the settings.Is this a Bug or is it the hips that triggers it.

I have to select No Action to continue,can anyone duplicate it or is it just me that this happens to with these features unselected.

MY OS is Dell Laptop windows 7 HP 64 bit

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Was the file detected by real-time, web protection or another scanner? Are Pot. unwanted applications actually disabled for that scanner?

3. Dark Shadow

Only RT is eset and yes all unchecked in RT and On Demand.

Attached Files:

4. Marcos

Please paste here a screenshot of the PUA alert as well.

5. Dark Shadow

Ok here is what I get.I get to step away so I will check back at latter for advices.

Attached Files:

6. Marcos

Apparently the detection comes from web protection. I wouldn't recommend disabling PUA completely, rather select "No action" in this case.

7. Dark Shadow

Ok thanks marcos will take that advice,I guess I understood it wrong and what I was reading.As always thanks againg for great support.;)

8. piranha

piranha Registered Member

is it a false positive ? Nothing to do to stop this warning to appears ?

9. toxinon12345

toxinon12345 Registered Member

You can use the advanced options in the alert window. Take into account that file was correctly identified as a grayware and sometimes can be a unrecognized threat detected by the packer.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2011
  10. Dark Shadow

Thanks guys its all good now.but I think what happen here is I used stardock.com that was directed to cnet for download is when it was flaged.Hence I found it Direct from dell and all went perfectly.So who knows just maybe a good thing.I hate redirected downloads that take me away from the official sites.

By the way what happen to all the mumbo jumbo with cnet uncheck this uncheck that or I am installing other crapware.glad I am not click happy anymore and take the time to read things.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.