NOD32 RAM usage

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by NOD32 user, Oct 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Maybe, but I believe that the wikipedia is still completely accurate in its account of NOD32.

Cheers :)

2. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

As I posted here ram usage has gone up a little with 2.7. This is a concern, only because it could be the start of a bad trend.

Nate

Last edited: Oct 29, 2006
  3. iwod

iwod Registered Member

4. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Why the fixation with RAM usage? On new computers most AV's run very light despite "relatively high" figures.

I have at least 1 GB RAM on all my machines now and NOD, AntiVir, Dr Web and VBA32 all seem lightweight despite widely different RAM usage.

NOD is a well-known low footprint AV and a 10 MB increase here or there will not make much difference to a system unless it is very old and RAM limited.

Personally I don't care how much memory an AV uses, as long as it doesn't slow down any of my machines.

5. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

I don't see much of difference, maybe a couple of mb's but that ain't nothing to get upset about.

6. iNsuRRecTioN

iNsuRRecTioN Registered Member

7. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

As long as it's not CPU hungry like 90% of other AV apps are, then it's all good.
    New functions requires more memory, it's simple logic.

8. n8chavez

I've said this before when discussing , or rather ranting about VBA, but I shall summarize argument. Just because modern computers are capable of supporting these applications and their requirement does not mean that we should have to; just because we have the resources does not mean we should be forced to use them. That being said, I see your point. Please see mine as well. NOD32 is heavier than the 2.5 version, both in terms ram usage and cpu. I used to be able to use my system while NOD32 was scanning via on-demand scanner. As of 2.7 I cannot. It is too heavier to allow this. This is a negative current trend if you ask me, albeit a slight one

9. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

I do ;)
    But still in beta so things might change ;)

10. n8chavez

Here's one other thing to consider. NOD32 2.7 has improved dramatically in the areas which others would consider 2.5 weak. So much so that it is possible to stop using other security applications, eg. antispyware, ewido, a-squared, etc., because NOD32 2.7 has now covered all those bases with it's one application. With that in mind, does NOD32 2.7 deserve more leniency? I would say yes. However the perfectionist in me is screaming no.
    :thumb: to ESET on this one.

11. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i agree and once it all works properly thata might be able to make the code packed tighter so it uses less resourse but i dont know since i dont make software

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.