NOD32 Program not updating

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by patermann, Apr 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patermann

patermann Registered Member

Apologies if this has been answered before but all of the threads that I could find about NOD32 not updating were about the definitions, not the program itself. (My definitions are updating ok.) I have just renewed my NOD32 licences and when I went to put the new licence details into the program, I noticed that the program version is 2.7.32 whereas 2.7.39 is the latest version (of v2). I had believed that NOD32 would tell me if there were program updates but it has not - should it have done? Have I been running for some time with an out-of-date (and buggy) version of NOD32? If so, this is not good! :(

I have downloaded the latest v2 version from ESET - can I simply install over the top of the current version or do I need to uninstall and reinstall with all the pain of going through the long and complex setup again? (Windows XP Home on this laptop and Windows XP MCE on the other, if that is relevant.)

Thanks,
    patermann

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello!

Your program is running well and you haven't been left unprotected with "buggy" version.

Version 2.70.32 is the latest released with PCU (Program component upgrade) from ESET . 2.70.39 has appeared afterwards .

Build 39 is different from 32 just in some small aspects . It fixes some small security bugs . Because of the facts these bugs haven't been exploited , not seen in-the-wild , ESET haven't made automatic upgrade from 32 to 39.

You haven't been exploited by it , too , obviously.

You can install the latest v2 - 2.70.39 over the top of the current one . Reboot and everything is OK. I also recommend you have a look at v3.0 of ESET NOD32

3. patermann

patermann Registered Member

Many thanks, HiTech_boy. I will be installing version 3 on a new Vista laptop that I have just bought but, as v2.7 seems to be running fine on the XP laptops, I will leave well alone for now. When I have time to check it out fully, though, I will try v3 on XP.

patermann

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

OK .
    Have a nice week!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.