NOD32: Problems with Outlook, Outlook Connector & MSN Mail

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by At0mang, Nov 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. At0mang

At0mang Registered Member

I switched over to NOD32 and have not had any problems with it but for one. My problem is that when using Outlook with Outlook Connector to retrieve email from MSN the folders will not sync up. If I go into the NOD32 options and disable to check incoming email then my folders will sync up. MSN does use virus protection so it is not that big of a deal but my pop3 email accounts are left unprotected then. So is there another work around for this and is it a known problem with NOD32?

Thanks.

2. covaro

covaro Registered Member

I would assume you are using the HTTP connection feature for that (Been forever since I setup MSN in Outlook), but you could try putting NOD32 in Compatibility Mode for that particular server. If you open up NOD32 and go to

IMON -> SETUP -> HTTP Tab -> SERVER COMPATIBILITY -> Add the MSN Mail Server

Also, if you are using Outlook (and not Outlook Express) try turning off EMON if adding the MSN Server to the compatibility list doesn't fix things.

-Cov

3. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Having tested it, I can not duplicate your issue with my current NOD32 configuration.
    I can duplicate it if I try to use the Outlook Connector through a proxy that caches requestes (it connects to about 5 different servers) but that's nothing to do with NOD32.

My IMON is set to Higher Compatibility at the moment for everything except for Internet Explorer, FireFox and Outlook 2003 which all make use of Higher Efficiency. No settings by server except for the router.

Cheers :)

4. At0mang

At0mang Registered Member

Thanks for the tips and suggestions. It is working now. All I did was re-enable NOD32 in Outlook and it is working.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.